The Best King Lear Adaptation (1 Viewer)

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
hi!

i was wondering if someone could tell me which are the best king lear films/productions to analyse...

i'm supposed to be writing an essay on three on their representation of king lear (EEEEP!)

thanks muchly:D

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
whoah sportsgal how shit was the bondi one i was laughing at it

the best film in my opinion is the marxist production by grigori kosinstev (spelling)

i also did the eyre film but i didnt really like the familial reading

basically you need to pick a film that links in with the type of reading that you would like to do

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
we did an aburdist one by peter brook- its all in black and white and has no sound. it doesnt sound interesting, but Ive found it the easiest to analyse. Eyre is ok, if you're into family-psych and the bondi was was crap.. i cant believe i wasted 3 hours of my time watching that!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
thanks so much!

i ended up using the peter brooke one, the richard eyre's one and michael eliots, but they didn't really suit the readings i was doing..

i'll look into the japanese version and the russian one

thanks for the suggestions!

Spluce

yeh i thought the bondi one was cool too! ... for shakespeare at least....studyin it in class is sooooooooo boring tho!!!!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Originally posted by juggernaut
the bondi one was just funny cos of ian roberts
hahah.. Ian Roberts.. Loves his idea of acting- stand on the stage and look tough, don't put any emotion into anything that you say, and generally try not to open your mouth as much as possible. Bondi was crap.. I wanted to die out of boredom. They totally missed the point of an adaptation! They should of changed the language or something. A transformation involves more than a change of costumes and the anarchy/storm thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)