the best non-private tutor (1 Viewer)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
For what subjects? Also the 2 outfits mentioned are seldom cited for HSC tutoring.

Instead of posting a very open-ended question you should be more specific about what you are looking for and what your parameters are. That way you'll get better and more relevant help.

Last edited:

funnytomato

HSC
subject seems quite relevant here

also don't these two companies have many branches?

Dylanamali

HSC
i wouldn't recommend pre-uni or james an.. the trend seems to be towards tuition companies that utilise recent ex-students with high marks/state ranks.. this means they are very well-versed and up-to-date with the syllabus and thus understand what is relevant and how to achieve high marks.
Such companies include, talent100, dux college and intuition - some of the more recognised tuition organisations around.

Last edited:

funnytomato

HSC
aren't pre-uni and james an more focused on primary school education (selective school entry test)?
which isn't quite relevant on BOS anyways

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
aren't pre-uni and james an more focused on primary school education (selective school entry test)?
which isn't quite relevant on BOS anyways
They are.

The High School division is of very poor quality.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
subject seems quite relevant here

also don't these two companies have many branches?
I guess James An and Pre-Uni run a franchising system. A franchisee signs up for the right to use the name and probably whatever material and system provided by James An or Pre-Uni. The individual operators then engage their own teachers/tutors. So unless the franchising organisation has a very well-developed system and standardised course material and standards, there would be considerable variability from one James An to another - some would be better than others. (It is possible a few branches may be directly owned and operated by James An or Pre-Uni) How good a given centre is depends on how successful the operator is in hiring good tutorial/teaching staff and organising course material. The key objective of each franchisee is to run a successful and profitable operation. After all each is trying to make a living.

I could very well be wrong of course.

Last edited:

CartoonHero

HSC
N/A
Talent 100 is the best. They can not only help me understand the subject but provide challenge questions to help me improve more. I would recommend Talent100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)