the BEST op shops (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i figure this could be like a definitive thread for the best op shops ever!!

cos lets face it, theres pleeeeenty of op shops out there filled with total crap which just smells bad and definitely could never be worn by anyone

my personal faves....

locally - i always check out Sutherland vinnies, its SO cheap, ive found the best vintage bags there for 2 and 3 bucks, and really fantastic costume jewellry

also, a bit more expensive/upmarket is BROADWAY BETTY, on broadway, just before the corner to turn off to glebe pt road. everything is around the 30 dollar mark but its all really great stuff, i always find something good there, the bags are the best, and theres always some great skirts etc.

theres also some fantastic vintage/op shops etc in surry hills, like CREAM (definitely home of the vintage cowboy boots phenomenon in syd, theyve had them for years and years) and C'S FLASHBACK (also one of these in newtown, but i dont find it as good as the surry hills one)

what are your fave op shops ppl? im esp. interested in local vinnies etc cos theyre so much cheaper!

Skeeta

HSC
yeah im a big fan of vinnies.. its always good to go to one in a good area - the one near double bay has some fantastic stuff! I've only been there once but will be sure to do it again.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
there are lots of great opshops in melbourne. chapel st is really good and a lot of the stuff is cheap. so if you ever go to melbourne, go there.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
there's a really cute one called 'penny lane' in newie..but i've only been there once..it was the best one I'VE been to lol

em_516

bludging..
HSC
near hunter st mall..it's on one of the side streets..that's all i remember sorry

edit: agh..can't find it in the yellow pages either! i swear it was in here before!!

well anyway, i don't know how you'll find it..sydney op shops are probably better..but i thought this one was pretty cute..better than the other shitty ones i'd been to

Last edited:

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
em_516 said:
near hunter st mall..it's on one of the side streets..that's all i remember sorry

edit: agh..can't find it in the yellow pages either! i swear it was in here before!!

well anyway, i don't know how you'll find it..sydney op shops are probably better..but i thought this one was pretty cute..better than the other shitty ones i'd been to
i've heard of that place, apparently they have really good jewellery and it's hell cheap. i'm in newcastle a bit too so if you think of where it is, post it.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
will do..but i went there last year and they were in the yellow pages......and now they're not..so..

i hope they're not closed though..they had cute badges hehe

i'll ask around..:)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Goddamn I'm good

Penny Lane
6 Bolton St Newcastle 2300 (02) 4925 2076

Bolton is the one with the car park in, yeah?
I'll have to go check it out!!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
You shouldnt be shopping at vinnies, thats only for ppl who cant afford to shop anywhere else, its a charity store thats why it is so cheap, u tightarse

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Korn said:
You shouldnt be shopping at vinnies, thats only for ppl who cant afford to shop anywhere else, its a charity store thats why it is so cheap, u tightarse

actually those clothes ae given to the charities to sell so they can use the money for other services for people who are needy

people who shop there are not homeless and do not require meals on wheels

people from poor areas use them of course, thats what i think u were refering to...

s0k0y0e0

HSC
spin spin sugar said:
Sutherland vinnies
I always go to Sutho Vinnies, and I also visit Cronulla Vinnies too! :uhhuh: I always seem to find something I can use! :)

For example; the other day, my mum bought me an Italian overcoat made from wool; quite expensive if bought in Italy, but we got it for $8! :)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
natstar said:
Yeah i cant afford to go out and buy costumes for parties and assignments that are brand new and ill only wear once.
Why cant you wear clothes more then once??? Why do they fall apart of just look incredibly stupid??

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Korn said:
Why cant you wear clothes more then once??? Why do they fall apart of just look incredibly stupid??
She was saying clothes for fancy dress parties, or assignments...not normal clothes that would have a purpose in every day wear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)