• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the BEST study ROUTINE in YR 12 (1 Viewer)

aj_number_10

HSC
ill give u the hot tip
n i dont give these out to often so wen i do i advise u take note
yr 12 is the best year of ure life
n its not gonna be the best year in ure bedroom

as for me. i was just naturally smart so it came 2 me. i dunno

aj_number_10

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
thats great lala
i wish i had some plan or direction like u...
i should be doing stuff
ive been very lazy :(
if u really r keen 2 work these holidays this is wat i would do. take 2 wks off from now on n enjoy them. then spend the final 2 wks of the hols studying (not too hectic though, the hsc isnt for a year)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
aj_number_10 said:
if u really r keen 2 work these holidays this is wat i would do. take 2 wks off from now on n enjoy them. then spend the final 2 wks of the hols studying (not too hectic though, the hsc isnt for a year)
ive been enjoying my holidays
been sayin id do stuff but been 2 lazy...
im not smart either
so yeh it sux 4 me..
im jus average :mad:

ramin_87

everyone studies differentle, for joujou_84 , study plans must work, for others it may not work. At least she gave a valuable opinion, so it's not fair to attack and criticise her. She got a uai of 94.1 so her study plans did work. well done joujou_84, don't worry about what othe rpeople say. What did you other people get?

goan_crazy

HSC
joujou_84 said:
make a study plan......its as easy as that.........listen in class...take notes...and then revise wat u learnt in class during the afternoon...then follow ur study plan..and make sure allocate equal time to all ur subjects....dont study one more than the other....always go over ur work to see if u still know wat its about....and practice past HSC papers........but STUDY PLAN.......i cant stress it enough.......
yeah good on ya joujou_84
obviously ur marks were well deserved! :D

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
aj_number_10 said:
ill give u the hot tip
n i dont give these out to often so wen i do i advise u take note
yr 12 is the best year of ure life
n its not gonna be the best year in ure bedroom

as for me. i was just naturally smart so it came 2 me. i dunno

aj...........shut up u idiot.....firstly uve obviously shown ur stupidity time and time again and secondly there are ppl on this forum that would like to succeed and do well and partying all year wont get them there....yr 12 is the best year of ur life but learn to balance ur time or else ull really regret the whole year if u get a shit mark at the end and know that u havent fulfilled ur potential

Kulazzi

HSC
joujou_84 said:
make a study plan......its as easy as that.........listen in class...take notes...and then revise wat u learnt in class during the afternoon...then follow ur study plan..and make sure allocate equal time to all ur subjects....dont study one more than the other....always go over ur work to see if u still know wat its about....and practice past HSC papers........but STUDY PLAN.......i cant stress it enough.......
but wouldn't it be more sensible if you spend more time studying your weaker subjects than on your normal/average subjects, instead of studying all subjects equally?

I agree with the study plan idea, make a timetable, do alternate weeks like your school timetable if you feel that it's more comfortable like that

goan_crazy

HSC
joujou_84 said:
aj...........shut up u idiot.....firstly uve obviously shown ur stupidity time and time again and secondly there are ppl on this forum that would like to succeed and do well and partying all year wont get them there....yr 12 is the best year of ur life but learn to balance ur time or else ull really regret the whole year if u get a shit mark at the end and know that u havent fulfilled ur potential
yeah u tell him joujou_84!

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Kulazzi said:
but wouldn't it be more sensible if you spend more time studying your weaker subjects than on your normal/average subjects, instead of studying all subjects equally?

I agree with the study plan idea, make a timetable, do alternate weeks like your school timetable if you feel that it's more comfortable like that

well firstly u shouldnt be taking subjects that ur really bad at....always pick wat ur good at and wat u like and will work hard at......then allocate ur time equally to all subjects on ur timetable....if ur pretty weak in one subject u should spend extra time on it outside ur timetable....so during ur spare time and stuff..........and also....wat works for me might not work for u....u gotta find wat ur comfortable with and wat suits u....some ppl work irregular shifts or play sport or wateva and cant really work by a timetable....so yeh...u kinda have to find ur own way of studying but my way was the study plan way...... :)

goan_crazy

HSC
joujou_84 said:
well firstly u shouldnt be taking subjects that ur really bad at....always pick wat ur good at and wat u like and will work hard at......then allocate ur time equally to all subjects on ur timetable....if ur pretty weak in one subject u should spend extra time on it outside ur timetable....so during ur spare time and stuff..........and also....wat works for me might not work for u....u gotta find wat ur comfortable with and wat suits u....some ppl work irregular shifts or play sport or wateva and cant really work by a timetable....so yeh...u kinda have to find ur own way of studying but my way was the study plan way...... :)
thanks 4 ur advice joujou_84 im sure all us 05'ers appreciate it
well i do :D

elisabeth

HSC
What do people who work irregular hours do for a routine? I'd prefer to make a timetable for myself, but my work hrs change each week, it's a pain.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i guess the best help for us '05ers is support. it could help our mental approach to stuff, and also heal them.

though what i think, is that constant study is usually not efficiently used. the intake might only be worth 30% if say you do 10 straight hours.

goan_crazy

HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
i guess the best help for us '05ers is support. it could help our mental approach to stuff, and also heal them.

though what i think, is that constant study is usually not efficiently used. the intake might only be worth 30% if say you do 10 straight hours.
i cant do study for straight hours...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
so do you do slanted hours...which i guess could work out. an impression below:

edit: grrr was meant to be slanted towards the right :rolleyes:

goan_crazy

HSC
lol i mean im not studing now...
but b4 exams and stuff i mean
im not one of those people who can study for hours or wateva...
i need breaks and stuff 2 get my mind of it

goan_crazy

HSC
THERE ARE 287 DAYS UNTIL THE HSC...
that big bold font at the bottom is very scary... :eek:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
joe_m_2000 said:
THERE ARE 287 DAYS UNTIL THE HSC...
that big bold font at the bottom is very scary... :eek:
saying it once is alright.
saying it twice we get the point.
saying three times we think you need psychiactric help.
please don't repeat it again.

however it is a good way to boost your post count. there is at least 3 threads that are of like. making it at least 1000 posts within this time before the hsc. nice scheme you devil you :D

wanton-wonton

HSC
aj_number_10 said:
this guy obviously has no idea what hes talking about
study timetables are stupid
I believe that is because you've not enough mental capacity to utilise a timetable.

hmm?

hey guys...to be honest with u i never ever even tried using a timetable - > meh - i just never did because i found what id already been doing was working well and as joujou sed this is different for everyone.
so if ur already doing well at school and stuff w/o a timetable dont bother trying one.
the key i think for evry1 else is really to be organised.
TIME MANAGEMENT IS THE MAJOR HURDLE. IF U CAN ORGANISE UR TIME EFFECTIVELY UL B SWEET.

W/O SOUNDING LIKE A DICKHEAD (COS I NO THIS APPLIES TO HEAPS OF OTHERS - BUT ALSO NOT TO HEAPS OF OTHERS) SCHOOL WASNT REALLY HARD - IT WAS REALLY JUST THAT THERE WASNT ENUF TIME TO GET EVRYTHIN DONE - BUT THATS EVRY1S STRUGGLE - AND IF U CAN CAPITALISE ON WORKING EFFICIENTLY AND EFFECTIVELY THEN ITS FINE.

i think u should definately focus on ur weaknessess - ie - practice makes perfect (haha) - theres no pt studying things u already no and neglecting the things u feel poor at - ie any maths topic - just keep doing sets of qs until u feel uve got the knack - then try harder ones until u feel confident - and really this is what worked for me - i also think that w/ maths espesh theres sum u'standing there thats required - dont just follow methodical steps cos thats wot uve bin taught - make sure u no y ur doin every line of working - cos not only does this allow u to remember the procedure more easily but if theres some kindava twist in thw q (as there always is) then ul no how to attack it - this is where experience with diff qs comes in - (also applies for phys n chem calcs)

studying billions of hours on end is useless unless ur USING UR TIME EFFECTIVELY.
theres no pt saying u studied "5hrs last nite" wen u were staring out the window watching the rain for half the time (i no how it is - haha) - n ul no urself that u havnt been productive an work to cut out the distractions.

another crucial thing is that u have to be tru to urself - ul no ((i hope) - i do jus cos i no im self disciplined) wen uve done enuf - n wen uve bumed too much.

i studied a fair bit - but u surely have to have breaks just talking on the fone (for a little bit - 15mins (say)) gets ur mind back together - grabbing something to eat while watching ur dog do silly things outside or watching 5-10 mins of some show thats on tv - talking to ur parents - complaining to them or ur bros or sis'...

dont study equal times for evrything - study till u get to the same highest standard that u can wid evrything. - to tell u the truth i did 4u, 3umath, chem, phys, eng adv and jap cont - and hardly spent any time at all studying jap cos "i knew it wouldnt count" it was just a kinda backup j.i.c sumin went horribly rong wid ne of the other exams - it was actually a good (lucky) strategy (altho i still went pretty wel in it for bluding the whole yr n only studying it for a total of abt 10hrs during stuvac n abt 20 the whole yr)
4u maths took up most of my time cos that wot i needed to improve the most - and ur like - "shit i spend heaps of time on this subject - should i drop i - shit" - and thats decision is up to u but just as long as ur not going heaps downhill wid ur other subs then i say "keep it" - but hmm?

so yea - i hope i ans'd a few qs
good luck guys

(ps i sed id "study" during these hols last yr n didnt much just read the novels i had to n spent the last wk revising evrything.
to b honest i kinda wish i had spent a bit more time cum 1/2 yrlys wen there was no time to learn everything all at once.
trials are evn worse guys - b prepared n organise urselves!
ul all b good - just try ur best so u dont regret nething later and go "fuk i coulda done betta"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)