The Best Things About The HSC???? (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
best thing about the HSC is that you can use it as an excuse for anything. Whenever my mum tells me to do chores I tell her im busy with studying for the HSC so she makes my brother do it. If i dont wanna go out with my family to dinner or something I just say im busy studying.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
michaeljennings;5488092[B said:
]best thing about the HSC is that you can use it as an excuse for anything.[/B] Whenever my mum tells me to do chores I tell her im busy with studying for the HSC so she makes my brother do it. If i dont wanna go out with my family to dinner or something I just say im busy studying.
Doesn't work at my place unfortunately.

hayabusaboston

HSC
lol

Read this again in Year 12 and laugh at how wrong you are.
No, yes, I realise in yr 12 there's too much to do, what I meant to say is that the people with better brains can achieve very high with much less study than others, because their brains just generally absorb more and function quicker and more effectively. I understand you must study a lot in yr 12, thats undeniable.

yours

HSC
If you have a good brain, you don't need as much study. So there are those lucky people who get top marks with almost no study. I don't know, is that a high IQ or just good memory...? anyway im in year 10, looking forward very much to the HSC it seems extremely exciting for me, not stressing. My ATAR aim is 99.95.
The thing is people's mindsets change between year 10 and year 12 I think. At the moment I don't really do anything for languages but I don't need to, though I've generally done more work over the 2 years than I did work in year 10 and before that. The only subject that I intensely study for is English Advanced and a bit for English Extension. I've done so many essays through the year and I usually do memorising about a week before the exam and it works fine for me. I think that I have it too easy though, since most people have a lot of the content-heavy subjects like sciences and maths, legal studies history etc. whereas my only content subject is english. The rest of them I don't need practise for since they just test the level you're at in a general sense.

hayabusaboston

HSC
aahhh okay I have no clue how much you year 12's study, all I know is that there's some who sttudy 4-5 hours a day and get 80-90 percent in tests and there's some who study 2-4 hours and get above 90. Or maybe that's just an approximation...? Jeez it's scary hearing you guys talk about sooo much study.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Lol getting cocky already?
Sorry, me? Am I getting cocky? Sorry do I sound like that...? I dont intend to sound cocky, im not talking about myself anyway my original thoughts were regarding some of my very smart yr 12 friends who didn't study 5-6 hours a day like most people, more like 3-4 but still got ATAR's over 99. I just found it impressive how they remembered so much thats all. I am hoping I can do as well as them.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Studying exceptionally hard for English Extension 1? wat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)