The best way to be prepared for the half yearly (1 Viewer)

redshift

HSC
I want to know what is the best way i could get myself ready for the half yearly for biology. My teacher is a absolute idoit and i try my best to follow what he says but all he wants us to do is work off sheets and he doesnt really talk about what we are learning. I mean i do all the homework and i try my best to keep up to date but i feel as if he's gonna let me and like 7/8's of the class down.

So i was wondering what is the best method for getting myself ready for the half yearly like what should i be studying and well what is the best method to get myself on track for it. (be specific thanx)

CHeers.

b-o-r-e-d

HSC
it all depends on what you have been doin in class. for example i have done maintaining a balance and a bit of Blueprint...so i would study that.

they cant assess you on anything thats not on the syllibus, so study that. if u want sum notes go to this site http://hsc.csu.edu.au/biology/. its awesome for bio:). good luck

GG:wave:

redshift

HSC
Well we'd basically be doing the same thing. I was just asking what would be the best way to get the information in my head. Read the summaries of each chapter and try understand exactly what their talking about or what?

rhia

salty
HSC
what sunlightstarz said is good advice. don't start applying extra effort only when exams come around, but apply consistent effort throughout the year. revise constantly, to make sure things stick. constantly constantly constantly! i often spend a good percentage of my studying time revising past topics so that i don't have to spend any time in the future worrying about having forgotten what i've learned.

Mikearun

HSC
All the advices above are really handy but you got to work the best way out ti prepare for yourself by start thinking of how can you remember the past topics in your own way like making a summaries after each topic done at school or have another seperate folder for just revising. So when either HSC or half yearly come you will have a small folder that will assist you and you wont need to go back to the textbook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)