The best way to catch up? (1 Viewer)

Stargal

I just recently dropped down to general maths. I was wondering what's the best way to catch up on all the work because theres so much of it! Should I photocopy people's notes or do all the exercices from the textbook or start going over past papers?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
dont really worry so much about the notes, just read thru the intro bit before each exercise in the text book, you should be able to get the drift from that, then do as many questions as humanly possible (from the text book, past papers, etc).

MouNtY

...you just need to read thru peoples notes and stuff...check out some of the exercises they did and that...chances are if you were in 2U for a whole year, general wouldn't be all that difficult, even though they are very different courses...i do general and nuttin we've done so far is all that hard...

Stargal

Yeh I know what you mean without wings, the general course is quite different. It's weird though coz most of the stuff is maths that we've learnt ages ago (adding on a bit though) and I guess its just a matter of looking things over again to kick start my memory.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
nice advice Without Wings. I agree with you.

maths is a doing subject.
reading notes is berloody useless.

more maths you do, better you'll get.

on the other hand, you prolly dropped cause you weren't doing all the work.
:-\

read the theory, then try some past papers. If you get stuck on anything, go to your textbook, and do the ENTIRE exercise . . . you applicative knowledge of that particular section is weak. Get it strong.

that said, the best way is still do the latter half of all the sections you don't know.
your choice, it really depends on how much time you want to spend. :)

Stargal

Yeh I know it's weird coz I think I was trying to do a maximum or minimum question and i used calculus to find it! Which was stupid coz they do something different to find it.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i dropped this year, just practice everything and do everything they did added extra study time, because content in 2u and general are different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)