The best way to study? (1 Viewer)

lamatasi

HSC
obviously most students will take notes, revise etc
but does that really benefit anyone?

I just want a few ideas to help me study/be motivated/on task etc...

Aysce

HSC
It really depends on the person. Personally, I just take notes whilst trying to understand them, revise and hit the past papers and short questions. So yes it does but what may be effective for one person may not be for another.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I generally write up notes which cover the entire subject/unit and think of it as a comprehensive guide to the entire course. This stops me needing to refer to a textbook or other sources which may convey the same information in a more detailed way. Obviously I'm not saying that detail is bad, but for the purpose of studying, I make sure I have a broad yet simple overview of a unit which I can refer to easily and then all the detailed information which comes with said content should come naturally.

king chopper

HSC
Set goals and tasks to do each day ... then when it comes to exam time just keep doing past papers and short answers

Bobbo1

HSC
It really depends on the subjects you do as each will try to test a slightly different skill set. As a general rule make sure to pay attention in class by taking notes, asking questions and listening; spending short amounts of time studying for all your subjects everyday than large blocks and study/spend the most time on your weakest subject first and then work your way up.

Kamal15

HSC
Depends on subject. Any of the sciences -
1. Write notes based on syllabus and using as many resources as possible
2. Learn notes - can take a while, give yourself time
3. Practise questions - as many questions as possible. Ideally the week before your half yearly and about 1.5-2 weeks before trial should be devoted to this!

Key word ideally.

Rinse and repeat for all your tests throughout the year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)