The best way (1 Viewer)

jt.

HSC
What would be the best way to get into Medicine out of these 2 choices.

Either: Repeat year 12 and take Undergraduate Medicine

or

Do MedSci/AdvSci Bachelor and take Graduate Medicine

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
watever you want?..

like lots of ppl do it both ways.. jsut depends.. lik if repeating yr 12.. u are penalised by certain unis..

depends where u want to go to.
depends on ure UMAT scores are..
depends on how much u lik those science degrees..

without knoing ure details.. no advice should be given..

inasero

Reborn
HSC
jt. said:
What would be the best way to get into Medicine out of these 2 choices.

Either: Repeat year 12 and take Undergraduate Medicine

or

Do MedSci/AdvSci Bachelor and take Graduate Medicine
I have to agree with Alvin there...please list your situation and we could try to offer you some suggestions. Of course the obvious answer is, if you really stuffed up your UAI (thats less than 90 for Medicine) you stand no chance. You should work towards improving your UAI and apply for undergraduate entry or first year transfer.

If you feel satisfied with your UAI then commence your undergraduate course (BOLD DOUBLE UNDERLINE EXCLAMATION MARK- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHOOSE EITHER BMEDSCI OR BSCIADV!!). Then you can try to improve your marks in Uni and apply for a first year transfer or complete the degree and enter via the Gamsat route. The thing to remember is that people enter university thinking that they can study a little harder and pull up their UAI with their uni results, but fail to recognise that uni is a whole new ball game and thousands of people are in the same situation trying exactly the same thing. Again, not meaning to discourage you but you should understand that it's not exactly easy to transfer in your first year. From memory, UNSW have 2 places available.

The final factor you shoud take into consideration is whether you're really comfortable entering the GAMSAT way, as it is 1-3 years longer than if you enter medicine after repeating the HSC. If you feel confident that you could put in the extra effort to improve your UAI, then by all means repeat another year. But if not, then uni sounds like the other option. It all boils down to taking a calculated risk.

Anyhows, yeah weigh up your options and talk it over with others before you decide.

jt.

HSC
Thankyou for taking the time to write such an informative reply.
I will wait until I get my UAI first then I will look into it.

jt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)