the blasted journal (1 Viewer)

jimmayyy

HSC
how do you start such a thing?

with the obvious title page, followed by the syllabus?

what an irritating inclusion in such a lovely course

former EEIIers, please help.

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
I didn`t even use a title page... your journal is just meant to be a sort of scribble book for your ideas and things... so no need to make it too pretty and assignment-like... Mine just started with the date of my first entry and then my entry.

jimmayyy

HSC
you are obviously one of the lucky ones who finds it easy to reflect on their own work. i find it impossible to write the sort of stuff I see in MWJ from previous candidates

"Oh, I originally thought this but had an epiphany and changed to think so!"

So not me.

Regardless, cheers.

Loza33

HSC
Well, i am lucky because we have to do journal's in drama so i have a lot of practise.. But really it isn't too hard... Just every time you do something for your work write it down... treat it as your friend.. it doesnt need ot be all formal, mine gets all carried away and stuff. Just talk about what you want to do, where you want tot take it, expand on characters, plots that kind of thing... um. .write a page about what mark you want ot get and what you are going to do to get there... that kind of stuff!!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
You can put almost anything in your journal.

You found a line of song lyric that really speaks to your concept. Put it in and say why you like it.

You find an article discussing your concept, put it in and express your thoughts.

You found a book that is discussing your medium or has an anthology of your chosen medium. You can talk about that.

You find something totally unrelated to your Majorwork but it is something that interests you a great deal. Put it and talk about it. Perhaps you might intergrate some ideas to your majorwork later on.

You wrote two lines in your majorwork. Look at it and talk about why you chose the words you chose, why you like/don't like it.

That's what I did whenever I had little to reflect about on my own majorwork. My journal ended up being MASSIVE.

lou_217

HSC
Doesn't have to be structured. Just start however you want. They don't spend a lot of time on the journal...just as long as they see you've done a lot of planning and research.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)