The Board Of Studies Is A Joke (1 Viewer)

Book Freak

Whovian
HSC
I don't think the exam system is accurate, serioulsy, think of how many hours studying you do, then add it with the hours of school (1000 a year, including study periods) and you have to express all the effort and knowledge in a 2-3 hour exam. It's absurd.

muz01

HSC
I don't think the exam system is accurate, serioulsy, think of how many hours studying you do, then add it with the hours of school (1000 a year, including study periods) and you have to express all the effort and knowledge in a 2-3 hour exam. It's absurd.
exactly my point, its a shit indicator of your capabilities

izzy88

HSC
Your effort and knowledge does not have to be all expressed in a 2-3 hour exam. The exam is worth 50%. The other 50% has been tested through the assessments you've done at school over the year.

Book Freak

Whovian
HSC
even if you divide it by two, i'm not very good at maths (*gulp* tomorrow) but i don't think 1000 divided by 2 = 3

hollaholla

HSC
You feel offended when someone insults your aunt? HAHAH i cant even imagine how pissed off youd be if the insult had been directed at your mum get over it, your aunt and everyone else did a shitass job HOWEVER The english papers were amazingly accessible
i was jk lol jeez.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Blackout in their hall, and they got like extra 15 minutes even though they continued working through the blackout unaffected.
Wrong. it was Blackout in the hall and the kids go apeshit for a minute till power comes back then they can continue working. When there's a blackout you cannot see in our hall. You can come check for yourself. Go in and turn the lights off. You can see fuckall in there. They needed the 15 minutes due to the distress.

HSC
what was the actual problem with the religion paper? (genuine question, not taking the piss) All I've heard was that it didn't follow the syllabus, were the questions 'answerable'? or just unexpected? For example, in Ad. Eng. paper 2 the Halet essay question was unanticipated but still stuck to the syllabus
it did follow the syllabus, it just wasnt as direct as it had been in previous years. honestly, i found it easy. i dont understand what all the whinging and carrying on is about.

Niek

HSC
The BOS is a joke?? I think the real joke is that people don't even think about their responses, and only feel comfortable spewing prepared responses all over the page. As soon as a question comes along that requires thinking... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE. It's ridiculous.

Jay-Tee

HSC
ok maybe i should clarify a few things.

Firstly i dont do studies of religion anymore, but i think its pretty slack that a 'board approved' syllabus didnt specify what was in the exam. I also think its rediculous how marks wont be subtracted from people who didnt read the question in the Advanced English paper and did 2 related materials, especially when in maths if you dont read the question there is no doubt youre going to do bad

Also i think the little details of the exam should be fixed, Ive read in past papers things that werent in the syllabus, such as the legal studies paper. This is due to the time they are given to write an exam, i dont understand why they dont have a panel of proof-readers, it just seems stupid that these sorts of things that can upset people arent prevented.

helper

HSC
N/A
ok maybe i should clarify a few things.

Firstly i dont do studies of religion anymore, but i think its pretty slack that a 'board approved' syllabus didnt specify what was in the exam.
The strucutre and the outline is there. What detail do you want?

I also think its rediculous how marks wont be subtracted from people who didnt read the question in the Advanced English paper and did 2 related materials, especially when in maths if you dont read the question there is no doubt youre going to do bad
By doing two, you aren't specifically marked down but you have penalised yourself, by not spending the time on the one. This means you probably haven't gone into the detail they are after.

Also i think the little details of the exam should be fixed, Ive read in past papers things that werent in the syllabus, such as the legal studies paper. This is due to the time they are given to write an exam, i dont understand why they dont have a panel of proof-readers, it just seems stupid that these sorts of things that can upset people arent prevented.
They are proof read by previous teachers of the exam, who aren't members of the exam commitee

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
The BOS is a joke?? I think the real joke is that people don't even think about their responses, and only feel comfortable spewing prepared responses all over the page. As soon as a question comes along that requires thinking... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE. It's ridiculous.
i think the reason why some students just vomit their memorised responses is because you only have 40 mins to write about 1000 words in the 2hr time frame. if they want student to think on their feet, at least give like 15 mins extra for planning (5 mins each question, for the extended response). because if you spend 5 mins for planning time, you have just lost around 200 words of your essay, due to time constraints. that is just my view.

But the BOS is entitled to doing such a change and i guess everyone is in the same boat in the end.

I Study Hard

HSC
Wrong. it was Blackout in the hall and the kids go apeshit for a minute till power comes back then they can continue working. When there's a blackout you cannot see in our hall. You can come check for yourself. Go in and turn the lights off. You can see fuckall in there. They needed the 15 minutes due to the distress.
Lol, we had a blackout at our school and nearly weren't allowed to do English paper 2 because the lights came back on right as the hour was up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)