The Bone People (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
LoL. Goooood lcuk. I have set a sceduel for myself to have it fininshed in 6 days ....

Its sooo ... weird. :(

Ac

ellebelle

How bout when you're done, you write me a quick summary to save me the trouble of reading it myself. It'd be VERY much appreciated. :)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Sure thing! I can write you a whole book report on it!

Dont worry, Im pretty sure I can see it right now...

Ac

ellebelle

hey if you're doin' the bone collector that means you're studying retreat from the global. i've done the castle and i'm reading the shipping news at the moment, we could always TRADE notes :)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
IM doing all those texts too. We did the Castle, and Shipping Plz Im gonna read next.

Whcih school you go too?

Oh, and heres my summary of Bone People:

WTF is this?

:)

Ac

ellebelle

My school? Sorry to dissapoint you but a crappy, crappy place on the south coast called st john's. It seems everyone else here is from selective schools.

To me, the castle was kinda an attempt to make something out of nothing. I mean ok, i saw the point, and it's a great comedy, but some of the meaning we had to draw from it was a load of crap.

All jokes aside, i will help u with shipping news if u help me with bone people.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Its a deal. 'Cept, this thread is gonna wear out eventually ;):) (see that joke there!!??? I thought it was pretty good).

What chat program you got going?
MSN: Ac11cA@hotmail.com

Ac:)

luba

I am doing the Castle and Shipping News as well as poetry. what's your third text?

BTW did you have to refer to satire in The Castle?

ellebelle

Othet text is the bone people. Haven't read it yet. Have u done any work on the shipping news yet?

and btw, satire is a pretty major thing in the castle :)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Lord Ac
IM doing all those texts too. We did the Castle, and Shipping Plz Im gonna read next.

Whcih school you go too?

Oh, and heres my summary of Bone People:

WTF is this?

:)

Ac
My teacher told me to read Shipping News first because it's supposed to be easier. I'm almost 3/4 of a way through it. Should've started with Shipping News :p

luba

Originally posted by ellebelle
Othet text is the bone people. Haven't read it yet. Have u done any work on the shipping news yet?

and btw, satire is a pretty major thing in the castle :)
What are u discussing in terms of the satire? That the satire asks the viewer to re-evaluate their view of local and to not over-romanticise it?

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

My teacher told me to read Shipping News first because it's supposed to be easier. I'm almost 3/4 of a way through it. Should've started with Shipping News :p
ok, well, my teacher left the school and the last thing he told me when he saw me was: "Oh not *you* again!" ... reply: "Dont worry, this is the last time you will ever see me" .... Laughs: "Great!!"

Anyhow, I guess that will make Shipping News that much easier ... (only 100 pages left of that confusing RUBBISH!)

Ac

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC

ok, well, my teacher left the school and the last thing he told me when he saw me was: "Oh not *you* again!" ... reply: "Dont worry, this is the last time you will ever see me" .... Laughs: "Great!!"

Anyhow, I guess that will make Shipping News that much easier ... (only 100 pages left of that confusing RUBBISH!)

Ac
Hahha omg all my teachers are like that with me. The "oh no, not you again"... one of them literally ran when I was looking for him :D

Rahul

Dead Member
nice one ac....gotta thread running on this confusing shit..,..why dont they jus make us read a book in japanese or sumfin....surely it would make more sense!!

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Sugestion to everyone when reading the Bone People. Dont read the introdeuction pages of: The End First, or whatever. Its makes absolutely NO sence until youve read the book and it just pisses you of straight off the mark.

It make ... more ... sence when u read it at the end.

Ac

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Sugestion to everyone when reading the Bone People. Dont read the introdeuction pages of: The End First, or whatever. Its makes absolutely NO sence until youve read the book and it just pisses you of straight off the mark.

It make ... more ... sence when u read it at the end.

Ac
Will keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip.

Rahul

Dead Member
stop!!!

Bone People is such a good book.....I liked it anyway.

so bloody hard to read but a good book never the less

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)