The Breaking Bad Thread (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
Hank and gomes were my faves hahaha

So devo about their deaths :(
I actually reckon hank is a top cop, he talked shit a lot but he was genuinely smart when it came to his work

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I actually reckon hank is a top cop, he talked shit a lot but he was genuinely smart when it came to his work
This so much
Even though he acted like a douche sometimes, he's probably one of the smartest characters on BB.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
TBH: Jesse did fuck up most of Walt's initial break into the business during the first few seasons, but then became a much more useful ally. His character was however quite entertaining so they kept him.

Q: Do you guys think that it was justice that Walter white died?
Well, sorta predicted he was gonna die from the start one way or another due to his cancer. THE ALTERNATE ENDING WAS GREAT THOUGH.

My first question:

Why do you think Walt let Jane Margolis die? Some say so that the blackmailing stops, so jesse can keep working with walt or because she was a bad influence on jesse and walt actually cares about him.
I thought because if Jessie found out that Walter was there, he might have thought Walter did something to her?

Q: Thoughts on Skyler White? Is she a victim or just as "bad" as Walt?
Skyler's reactions were how mine would have been, obviously being in the drug trade business means you will always have enemies and people wanting to kill you. So it's natural that she reacted in a defensive manner. HOWEVER, she didn't need to fuck Ted.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I loooooove breaking bad. Probably one of the BEST tv shows EVER.

My fave character was Jessie...then probably Hank.

I kinda hate how much of an asshole Walter turned into near the end...I felt like punching the tv to knock some damn humility into him.

Oh yeah and Skyler was a massive bitch.

iBibah

HSC
I loooooove breaking bad. Probably one of the BEST tv shows EVER.

My fave character was Jessie...then probably Hank.

I kinda hate how much of an asshole Walter turned into near the end...I felt like punching the tv to knock some damn humility into him.

Oh yeah and Skyler was a massive bitch.
He had some serious moods wings which made it annoying because when he looked like he was being nice to someone you didn't know if it was genuine or he was looking to gain something from them.

hayabusaboston

HSC
I find it interested how BReaking BAd brough about so many strong emotions in its audience.

Its evocative power is astounding, that is perhaps what made it such an incredible show.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I find it interested how BReaking BAd brough about so many strong emotions in its audience.

Its evocative power is astounding, that is perhaps what made it such an incredible show.
Here here!

enoilgam

HSC
Why do you think Walt let Jane Margolis die? Some say so that the blackmailing stops, so jesse can keep working with walt or because she was a bad influence on jesse and walt actually cares about him.
Honestly, this was the point where I totally lost respect for Walter - I dont think her death served much purpose (plus, I actually liked the sober Jane).

Q: Who was your favourite character and why?
Probably Hank - for all his loudmouth antics he was a great cop and he had integrity. I was tempted to say Mike for his cool and calculating persona, but he lost me with some of the shit he did in the later seasons.

My favourite character is probably Jesse Pinkman...He's a character I really feel for and I think that even though he's caught up in a lot of crazy shit, he actually matures a lot and develops into a decent human being throughout the seasons. I also love him calling everyone 'bitch' hahhaha he's pretty spunky! He really appealed to me and idk, he's just someone with a good heart but stuck in the wrong place.
I liked Jesse's character development - initially I didnt really care for him much, but he grew so much over the course of the show that he became likable. He reminds me a lot of the character Lem from The Shield, in that both were involved in criminal activity but they both sort of became a moral core if that makes sense.

Overall I definitely thought BB lived up to the hype mostly. I have to say though, I think it borrows heavily from The Shield, especially in terms of themes (i.e. the perils of consequentialism, the spread of immorality etc). However, BB was much more comedic and symbolic, whereas The Shield was very raw.

iBibah

HSC
Honestly, this was the point where I totally lost respect for Walter - I dont think her death served much purpose (plus, I actually liked the sober Jane).
Walter was weird in that he seemed almost schizophrenic. He seems to be caring and normal at times, then he goes full criminal and completely merciless.

Probably Hank - for all his loudmouth antics he was a great cop and he had integrity. I was tempted to say Mike for his cool and calculating persona, but he lost me with some of the shit he did in the later seasons.
I 100% agree, he was heaps arrogant but there is no denying he was a bloody great cop.

And the way he died was boss: "You're the smartest guy I've met, and you're too stupid to see...he made up his mind 10mins ago". He didn't beg or anything, just took it.

What is/are some of your favourite line(s) from the show?

willitrue

Banned
HSC
N/A
I stopped watching breaking bad from 3 seasons and still do not know the ending.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)