The Brothers Grimm (1 Viewer)

timmay05

HSC
I saw it today and loved it, mostly because of my obsession about fairytales. I know 80% of their fairytales, so yeh, it was a fun movie.

The moral of the film, as far as I could see, was that you can't express true love while wearing glasses!

timmay05

HSC
Oh the weakest bit of the film for my mind was the end of the middle of it, that was the only bit I found hard to enjoy.

SharkBait

HSC
i dun care wot anyone says and despite the fact that heath ledger and matt damon are two damn goodlookin lads...this movie was crap. i mean, some bits were quite funny...and im a fan of fairytales, dun get me wrong. but it was sooo ova the top! and it was all ova the place. i was confused but the storyline wasnt even that confusing!!.....*sigh* the movie cud've had sooo much potential. oh well......

walrusbear

HSC
SharkBait said:
i dun care wot anyone says and despite the fact that heath ledger and matt damon are two damn goodlookin lads...this movie was crap. i mean, some bits were quite funny...and im a fan of fairytales, dun get me wrong. but it was sooo ova the top! and it was all ova the place. i was confused but the storyline wasnt even that confusing!!.....*sigh* the movie cud've had sooo much potential. oh well......
a movie about fairytales was over the top?? :p

i agree it was uneven though
can't tell if it's just the script or poor editing
perhaps both :p

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Loved it.
Absolutely awesome.
Nothing gruesome :D
Five thousand thumbs up from me.
Ireallyreallyreallyreallylikedit. Can you tell? :p

I know it wasnt the best film as in script/acting/plot line even perhaps. Not too sure. But I loved it. Its like a pair of shoes that don't look quite right but you've fallen in love with them all the same and end up buying them.

:/

Maybe thats just me.

SharkBait

HSC
um...haha, no offence, but yes i think it is just you. well....ur analogy to buying shoes...doesnt really make sense to me. i mean, this film was just wrong on so many levels. altho, some of the acting were alrite..like heath ledger was not bad...i guess. but no, definitely not up to my expectations at all.

X

xeuyrawp

Man that was a terrible movie.

Peter Stormare's accent slipped so many times, and Heath's was just so bad.

The movie was funny, but it's uncomfortable to have that kind of movie as a comedy.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
SharkBait said:
um...haha, no offence, but yes i think it is just you. well....ur analogy to buying shoes...doesnt really make sense to me. i mean, this film was just wrong on so many levels. altho, some of the acting were alrite..like heath ledger was not bad...i guess. but no, definitely not up to my expectations at all.
I had no expectations so I suppose thats why I wasnt too upset with it.

Dodgy movies can be fun to watch imo, that was all I was saying. Its like 'The Mummy' which is one of the worst films I have ever watched, but highly entertaining - obviously not for the reasons intended...

timmay05

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
Terrible .... I want my $11.50 back! Main reason for failure was not showing enough Monica Bellucci.

You should have seen it on a Tuesday :p

Also, there is nothing wrong the films over the top nature.

HSC
Movie was....strange.

The darkness of it caught me off guard a little but overall it was an alright movie.

I liked the creativity.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I will just say this to start off with that it was sooo tempting to get up and walk out of this movie. It was boring, had dodgy acting, apart from the small jokes here and there and the idiocy of the characters, the movie was not worth seeing, course if I had of walked out I knew my friends and I would just end up hiring it on DVD because we'd want to know what happened in the end.

The Brothers Grimm (TBG), is set in the 18th century where superstition, witches and magic were feared, cursed and never spoken about aloud. Whilst cleverly put together using childrens fairytails such as red riding hood, Hansel and Grettle, Repunzel, sleeping beauty, Cinderalla, the gingerbread man, and of course other childrens tails; the storyline was not hard to predict. I had it picked what the movie was about, around an hour into it...or when they were first talking of the story of Repunzel... I dont want to give anything away for those who havent seen it....But it uses these fairytails and German Folk Law to tell a story of 11 missing children, like I said its very clever.

Matt Damons acting really disappointed me in this one, although he hasnt really had a good role since The Talented Mr Rippley, this was by far the worst I have ever seen him. Heath Ledger, however, managed to hold it together quite well.

The special effects were also pretty crap...infact they were really crap...pffft. stupid crap for crap...except the end bit with the mirror..umm I can't say much more without giving stuff away..

Fave quote from movie "I made the armour, it isn't magical, it's just shiney"

Rating- Well I was going to give it extra marks for how it tied all the fairytales into the kidnapping mystery but it loses those marks for its crappy SFX and Matt Damon acting so

1.5 stars out of 5...

sorry Terry Gillam, it just doesnt cut it. Lucky Anthony Hopkins, Robin Williams and Johnny Depp ended up pulling out otherwse they would have disappointed me. Although they were going to cast Nicole Kidman in it but she couldnt do it (she cant do anything, especially act hehe). They should have just cast her, it wouldnt have made the movie any worse and I wouldnt have gone and see it...

So yeah dont go see it

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)