The Budget (1 Viewer)

funnyperson1000

Kelly Clarkson is Hot! ^^
HSC
Didn't really like the budget, did jack crap for poor families like me :(
Eco was fun today though, discussing last nights budget and teacher let us leave early just because it was budget day~~ ^o) haha

Better than celebrating mole day for chem, thats totally ludicrous ;)

monique66

funnyperson1000 said:
Didn't really like the budget, did jack crap for poor families like me :(
Eco was fun today though, discussing last nights budget and teacher let us leave early just because it was budget day~~ ^o) haha

Better than celebrating mole day for chem, thats totally ludicrous ;)
mole day? Wtf? lol

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i tried watching it.. but it was way too boring. I bought the papers and stuff today though to have a look, but havent got around to it yet. I caught a lady on the radio this morning though complaining about how the single mums have to go back to work when their children reach school age, and she was going on about how if her child got sick she wouldnt be able to do anything cause she would be working and she doesnt have a car... yea.. i dunno, will have to read up about it

god damn.. wish i had eco today so i coulda had a budget party :(

monique66

hmmm..lets see, here are some basic stats:

Outlook for 05/06-
GDP: 3%
Unemployment rate: 5%
CPI: 2.75
CAD as a %of GDP: -5.25 (reduced from -6.50 last yr)

um...what i basically got from the budget was the govt was trying to contract agg D by decreasing their expenditure. At the same time, the effect of that will be slower eco growth. They are also encouraging saving by reducing tax on supperannuation and tax cuts.

Dunno if that was helpful, post anything else relevant plz :D (what was the predicted eco growth rate? Foreign debt?)

Mandy101

HSC
The Financial Review had a fantastic budget supplement. The SMH's and the Australian's were slightly thin, but still good.

funnyperson1000

Kelly Clarkson is Hot! ^^
HSC
I believe the tax cuts will only increase spending rather than saving. Aggregate demand will go up and the reserve bank will have to put interest rates up again. Foreign debt is about 420 million now (over 50% of Australia's GDP), if interest rates don't go up this the debt and CAD will continue to rise. But then again, higher interest rates means lower economic growth and probably a downfall in the housing industry.

HayleeKate

HSC
but the foreign debt is [pretty much] all private so there's little the government can do about that.. except give greater consumable income to the wealthy who are the ones in control of the debt.. in the hope that they use all or some of the extra cash to pay off some of the debt.

HayleeKate

HSC
AND the tax cuts are likely to increase spending and put pressure on RBa to put interest rates up, which may chill the CAD

monique66

HayleeKate said:
but the foreign debt is [pretty much] all private so there's little the government can do about that.. except give greater consumable income to the wealthy who are the ones in control of the debt.. in the hope that they use all or some of the extra cash to pay off some of the debt.
I'm pretty sure business taxes went up...

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
HayleeKate said:
claim it: nerdism is appreciated here.. economics isnt nerdy though, just intellectual and sauve :)
half of economics is general knowledge imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)