The Bugatti Veyron (EB 16.4) (1 Viewer)

SlipStream

HSC

I made the call that this car is the most impressive car ever built. A big call sure, but I challenge anybody here to show me a road car more impressive - and that is fully engineered and from an original manufacturer. No Hamann Porsches, or Brabus Mercs, or whatever. The amount of gremlins involved with putting 1000 horsepower through a gearbox and four wheels without anything breaking is difficult, but it has been done. And to a respectable budget, as well.

braad disagrees. Justify why you disagree braad.

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
I made the call that this car is the most impressive car ever built. A big call sure, but I challenge anybody here to show me a road car more impressive - and that is fully engineered and from an original manufacturer. No Hamann Porsches, or Brabus Mercs, or whatever. The amount of gremlins involved with putting 1000 horsepower through a gearbox and four wheels without anything breaking is difficult, but it has been done. And to a respectable budget, as well.

braad disagrees. Justify why you disagree braad.
i just dont see the relevance to the car world, it's taken SO so long (yes, many glitches with 4 turboes). It's not all that ground breaking, top speed does nothing for us. Yes it looks stunning, and goes like hell...but thats it. Arrived later than expected, cost more than first thought. At one point i thought it wouldnt make it to production.

there are just more cars out there shaping the car world, this isnt one of them

SlipStream

HSC
braad said:
i just dont see the relevance to the car world, it's taken SO so long (yes, many glitches with 4 turboes). It's not all that ground breaking, top speed does nothing for us. Yes it looks stunning, and goes like hell...but thats it. Arrived later than expected, cost more than first thought. At one point i thought it wouldnt make it to production.

there are just more cars out there shaping the car world, this isnt one of them
It's not about how the car came about - it's about the car itself.

All new cars have their development problems, it's just at the manufacturer's discretion whether to tell the motoring media or not. Obviously, the image of the car will be damaged by reports of development glitches and gremlins, so you rarely hear about it. Bugatti was different, because they had to supply legitimate reasons to why the car was delayed so much from its original release date.

No offense intended, but your standards are way too high if a top speed of over 400km/h (240mph) doesn't butter your bread.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
It's not about how the car came about - it's about the car itself.

All new cars have their development problems, it's just at the manufacturer's discretion whether to tell the motoring media or not. Obviously, the image of the car will be damaged by reports of development glitches and gremlins, so you rarely hear about it. Bugatti was different, because they had to supply legitimate reasons to why the car was delayed so much from its original release date.

No offense intended, but your standards are way too high if a top speed of over 400km/h (240mph) doesn't butter your bread.
they're not way too high...it's just that 400km/h is insane, surreal? i see no significance, how many people would do that? how many that actually buy the car would drive it in anger??

it's just...sort of beautiful in a way, but a bit of a waste (not saying i'd want it to be scrapped)

SlipStream

HSC
braad said:
they're not way too high...it's just that 400km/h is insane, surreal? i see no significance, how many people would do that? how many that actually buy the car would drive it in anger??

it's just...sort of beautiful in a way, but a bit of a waste (not saying i'd want it to be scrapped)
Oh ok - well then yeh I tend to agree. Even 300km/h is a little unpractical, but 400? Yep: ...insane. But I would imagine the people who buy it would drive it fast, but nowhere near its limits.

Luke_D

HSC
That kind of power is absurd in most countries but I guess people with the money in countries like Germany would be cheerin :)

The90kwBeast

HSC
"therefor why make one?"

Because Bugatti can... and it would make for good bragging rights.

"My car can do 400km/h + - can yours?"

Didn't know you posted in this forum Dylan. :) This is my first post...

I still find it interesting that I'm stuffing around on the internet at 10:30pm 11 days before the HSC... man Ive got to get my arse in gear.

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK said:
Theres no point having a car able to travel at 400k's for street use, therefor why make one?
What are you, a sixty year old English woman? Listen to yourself!

I take you'll be putting around in a Honda Insight in five years' time. :p

The reason they are making one is because people will buy them - very rich people - and they'll make money from it. A lot of money.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
I don't see it as so revolutionary - it builds on existing formulas and stretches them to the limit. I'd like to see how viable hydrogen and air rotary can become in the future.

SlipStream

HSC
The90kwBeast said:
"therefor why make one?"

Because Bugatti can... and it would make for good bragging rights.

"My car can do 400km/h + - can yours?"

Didn't know you posted in this forum Dylan. :) This is my first post...

I still find it interesting that I'm stuffing around on the internet at 10:30pm 11 days before the HSC... man Ive got to get my arse in gear.
Whoa! What a surprise! Yeh I got over FAF a while ago - it's so formal and strict that it has become stale and boring sometimes. I still link to it though - as seen in my flashy braggy signature (hehe! :p), to try and get my referrals up.

Don't worry - I haven't started studying either. Meh. Call me MC I-don't-need-a-UAI. I might be coming up to Graftonia in a few weeks so expect me to drop in and you can exhibit the Commodore pour moi. :p Send me an email or vice versa.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
DaddyK said:
But still, you can buy 100 other cars that do 300+ already, whats the difference in doing 375k's in a lambo, ferrari or porche than 400 in a veyron? I don't see the big deal.
Which of any of them do close to 400? The Gallardo for example barely scrapes 300 (like 320 or so) and thats with a V10.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Veryon:
Specifications
Engine
Type: W16, Quad-Supercharged
Displacement cu in (cc): 488 (7993)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 1001(736) / 6000
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 923(1250) / 2200-5500
Redline at RPM: n.a.

Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
Tires F-R: 245/690 R520 - 335/710 R540 (PAX System)

Exterior Dimensions & Weight
Length × Width × Height in: 174.2 × 77.9 × 47
Weight lb (kg): 3416 (1550)

Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: est. 3.0
Top Speed mph (km/h): est. 252 (406)
Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): n.a.

Base Price: 2006 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - Approx. $1,240,000 / 1,000,000 € (last update: 9/14/2005)
Koenigsegg:
Engine
Type: V8, Supercharged
Displacement cu in (cc): 287 (4700)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 806(593) / 6900
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 678(920) / 5700
Redline at RPM: 7600

Brakes & Tires
Tires F-R: 255/35 R19 - 335/30 R20
Driveline: Rear Wheel Drive

Length × Width × Height in: 165 × 78.3 × 42.1
Weight lb (kg): 2600 (1180)

Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 3.2
Top Speed mph (km/h): 241 (388) - current world speed record
Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): n.a. (17)

Base Price: 2004 Koenigsegg CCR - n.a. (last update: 4/22/2005)
McLaren F1 LM:
Engine
Type: V12
Displacement cu in (cc): 370 (6064)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 680(500) / 7800
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 520(705) / 4500
Redline at RPM: 8500

Brakes & Tires
Tires F-R: 275/35 - 345/35 ZR18

Length × Width × Height in: 172 × 71.6 × 44
Weight lb (kg): 2336 (1062)

Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 3.0
Top Speed mph (km/h): 225 (362)
Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): n.a.

Base Price: 1995 McLaren F1 LM - Approx. $1,307,000 / 1,250,000 € (last update: 4/22/2005)

Luke_D

HSC
The Koenigsegg and McLaren do pretty well against the Veyron considering the Koenigsegg's a supercharged V8 and the McLaren's a V12. But I guess when the Veyron weighs 1tonne more than both, you'd need the quad turbo's and 16 cylinders :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)