The Bureaucracy of USYD (1 Viewer)

champo14

HSC
Ok,

I don't know how many people would have got this SMS from USYD wishing us all good luck and whatever, and they also told us:

To get your free study survival kit, go to www.usyd.edu.au/start/antistress
Now if anyone would have gone there, they would have noticed that you have to fill out a registration form, in which you have to select your "Title"

Here are the options:

Ms
Mr
Mrs
Miss
Dr
Br
Rev
Professor

Okay, now I know some of you are going to say "But there are mature age students doing the HSC". But no one can convince me that a Professor or a Doctor are going back to school to sit the HSC!

Also, once you register, you get this messge.

Thank you for registering for your HSC Survival Kit!
You will receive your kit within 5-7 working days.
At first I thought it was some sort of joke, you know, about how the HSC is so close.
Nope, turns out I will receive my "HSC Survival Kit" just in time for my last exam (Ext. Englsih)

And I've just spent my whole high school career to go to this place...?

amyg238

HSC
Yeah, I noticed that too. But like, whatever.

I wonder whats in the stress packs though...

ashleypage

HSC
I'm still pretty interested to find out what i'm going to get =D
Even though by the time i get it i'll probably only have SOR and legal to do and i'll be completely unstressed anyway!

kokodamonkey

HSC
hmmm.. i'll atleast have religion,legal and eco to do! I wonder if i'll get it b4 maths or not! o_O i wonder what could be inside :D

morganforrest

HSC
I'm fascinated to know what cheap stuff they would put inside a package that they could actually pretend would be helpful in destressing...probably just a letter from the chancellor, lollipop and course guide for USYD

sickdog12

HSC
yeah it would be something trying to get people to want to go to usyd.....

...not like there is a lack of those

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
It's all just marketing... even the option of the 'professor' label I dare say may have been thought out, so you can imagine yourself maybe one day being professor smith :rolleyes:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Enteebee said:
It's all just marketing... even the option of the 'professor' label I dare say may have been thought out, so you can imagine yourself maybe one day being professor smith :rolleyes:
That's actually fairly good logic. o_O

HSC
LOL yeah i applied for one too...haha i'm just curious to see what they give out :p

HSC
LMAO. I got my package today! YAY!
It's so sweet!

If you want to know what's in it, look away now.

Well, it came in a box: very cute if I can say.
And in it were a few items. All so very practical. LOL.
Well, let's see, there was a red stress ball; 2 mini highlighters; a pencil, pen and rubber all-in-one contraption; a light up USYD yo-yo; a packet of jelly beans; and a Nutri-Grain bar; oh and a tattoo of that lion thing on the emblem. As well as some pamplet I don't plan on touching.
LOL. All in all, very sweet. The yo-yo will be used wisely. The jelly beans may be sampled and a verdict given on the taste, only then will consumption commence. The bar, I'll probably do the same. I've never really been a fan of crazy sugar cereals. The stress ball's cute - so squishy!
LOL.
Good stuff.

morganforrest

HSC
I <3 the yoyo....and the jellybeans weren't too bad either....quality pen and pencil....overall I'm fairly impressed and have had my belief that USYD has too much money reinforced :)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
A light-up yoyo? Why the hell did Sydney suddenly start giving out free stuff the year after my HSC? I hate them all. :(:(:(

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i got my pack and my 10 yr old bro announced that he wanted everything -_-
he ended up taking most of my jellybeans - left me the black ones lol
i took the yoyo and stress ball to school cos we had to see our teacher and me and my friend were shoving them in our teacher's face (cos he used to go to USYD and said he hated it)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol my bros ended up taking it all.
all i ended up with was the pen/pencil combo - still good !! its got really good ink !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)