The Bush Legacy (1 Viewer)

How do you rate the Presidency of George W Bush?

• Total voters

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
This poll can't be right.

If it's a representative sample of BOS in general, it indicates roughly 18% of all members are functionally retarded.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Na, he was pretty good for Israel

Wonder who the pardons will be!

bigboyjames01

Banned
HSC
even though bush has the lowest rating EVER....i can put my guarantee you that if an election was held tomorrow, bush would still pick up 40% of the popular vote.........thats how stupid yanks are.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
bigboyjames01 said:
even though bush has the lowest rating EVER....i can put my guarantee you that if an election was held tomorrow, bush would still pick up 40% of the popular vote.........thats how stupid yanks are.
Your country voted for a man diagnosed with dementia, major depressive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. :rolleyes:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Your country voted for a man diagnosed with dementia, major depressive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. :rolleyes:
kevid rudd aint that bad

kokodamonkey

HSC
Trefoil said:
This poll can't be right.

If it's a representative sample of BOS in general, it indicates roughly 18% of all members are functionally retarded.
Because they hold a different opinion to you? I believe it indicates that 50%+ are ignorant. But that's just my opinion.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
kokodamonkey said:
Because they hold a different opinion to you? I believe it indicates that 50%+ are ignorant. But that's just my opinion.
OmGaWsh It I s LIkE YoU DaWnT UnDaStAnd DaAT BuSh WaS ShIt AnD ObAmA iS CHANGE FoR AmErIcA. RePuBlIcAnS CaN'T Do AnYThInG BeCaUsE ThEy ArE WhiTe WaR MoNgErs I dNT belIeVe YoU DnT NoE Dat

*voted Excellent on the hope that he and Israel fuck with Iran before their anti-aircraft missile shit arrives from Russia*

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
Today, one man sporting a pair of shoes showed George Bush what the world thought of his legacy.

brasileira

HSC
Bush is a clown, a complete moron. He is perfect, the american people elected a president in the image of themselves

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
onebytwo said:
Today, one man sporting a pair of shoes showed George Bush what the world thought of his legacy.
In my opinion it was not a symbolic as that. It was merely one man enraged at Bush and his policies which led to the invasion and occupation of Iraq, showing his disgust for the man.

It will likely not end well for that man. As he's apparently already being detained by the Iraqi authorities and it's likely that he will suffer some form of either corporal or capital punishment in the coming months as soon as the spotlight is taken off him.

The control which America and by extension Bush is exerting over the Iraqi government is unprecedented, as they recently passed a defense treaty with the United States. This means that in exchange for their occupation of Iraq, Iraq might have to pay the United States, for their efforts.

This is disgusting. All of Bush's imperialistic policies are disgusting, and because of him more people are suffering, significantly more than under his predecessors which weren't exactly bastions of freedom and democracy themselves.

American imperialism has to come to an end. I fear it can only do such through foreign intervension. The perfect analogy is that the United States is like a retarded kid wielding a gun. There is no easy way to handle it.

09er

HSC
What is the war on Iraq about? Because I honestly don't know why there is a war. I heard it was about finding weapons of mass destruction and then oil or something.

:haha: at the shoe throwing.

Gerald10

HSC
It would have depended who else was in charge. Climate change inaction, Iraq, Katrina response and the pissing all over the Geneva convention wouldn't have happened under many other potential Presidents.

I think if Gore or McCain had been President during this time they would leave with a better record.

Buchanan was probably worse but the fact the comparison has been made is enough really.

joshuaaa

HSC
I don't understand how anyone would vote the George Bush presidency as a good one..

impervious182

HSC
I think that most of the 'excellent' voters, myself included, don't actually feel that George W Bush Junior did an 'excellent' job, but get sick and tired of people complaining about him, as if he didn't make any good decisions.

In relation to preventing HIV/AIDs in developing nations, strengthening US-Chinese ties and easing tension, as well as Iraq, George Bush has actually contributed quite a bit.

The current increasing stability within Iraq and the democratically elected government are both thanks to Bush and his 'surge strategy'. The fact is that, on most issues I agree with Obama, almost all, but on Iraq, he quite simply had it wrong and George Bush and John Howard had it right. If Obama had gotten his way, Iraq would have descended into utter chaos and the current steps forward that we are currently witnessing (the signing of the status-of-forces agreement before New Years for example) would not be occurring.

By any measure, George Bush was not a 'good' President, but it's overly simplistic for one to claim that he only achieved 'bad' things for America and the world. And it's important to remember, that George Bush's time in office was a very difficult one; and we'd be condemning him today, probably just as much, if not more, for inaction where he acted. He was destined for unpopularity and it's unfortunate, but his lack of public speaking ability catalysed his descent.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)