The change in module B (1 Viewer)

HSC
So my teacher said the other day that although the rubric for module B has slightly change (just 1 word or so), she said it doesn't really affect the teaching style for module B and that it is just when we are going to be assess on module B the question will be different... just want to hear other opinion if its true...

HSC
she said 'question will be different' i don't get that, we don't even no what the question wil be in the HSC for 09' so what does that mean????

jellybelly59

HSC
questions will be changed accordingly to accomodate to the rubric requirements. e.g if they added the words "language, content and construction" then the questions in the externals and trials would most likely address that.

madsam

God among men
HSC
Section 11 - Module B: Critical Study of Texts
In your answer you will be assessed on how well you:

• Demonstrate an informed understanding of the ideas expressed in the text
  • Evaluate the text's language, content and construction
  • Organise, develop and express ideas using language appropriate to audience, purpose and form

The important part is the Informed Understanding part and the language, content and construction. Basically, just write about what you believe Hamlet to be about, after studying the themes and concepts and whatnot

As our teacher put it, the reason "informed" is there is so people dont write things like "I think hamlet would have made a good rockstar" because whilst that is having a thesis and stuff, it doesnt show you've understood what the text is trying to convey.

madsam

God among men
HSC
You're "Informed" understanding incorporates the views of others, why you believe it to be correct versus the beliefs of others

ie in Hamlet, was hamlet indecisisve or very thorough in his planning?
Your reason why, quote, etc

So its not so much focused on other evaluating others' opinions and such, instead its how they have influenced you and your thesis

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
As our teacher put it, the reason "informed" is there is so people dont write things like "I think hamlet would have made a good rockstar" because whilst that is having a thesis and stuff, it doesnt show you've understood what the text is trying to convey.
Well, there goes my essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)