The Chill Thread (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
You could always auto-forward to your gmail account. Not ideal, but works better than webmail.
Could work to receive stuff, yes.

But the uni (lecturers/admin etc) don't respond to anything other than studentmail accounts, so I don't know how you'd redirect mail from another server through studentmail. Even then, they'd be suspicious of it and would probably contact you.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
theres nothing wrong with student mail!
there is, i forgot to check it, and i think im meant to organise a meeting with someone.....

"The combined degrees with Business or Science have undergone major revisions for this year. Particularly the business ones have some issues needing one on one resolution. Can I ask that ALL combined degree students contact their respective engineering program convenor, make an appointment and drop by to discuss. You will need to know where you are upto in your program and should probably be familier with the new program structure."

eeerr lol, yer ill do it eventually

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Oh I get it. Because you're a poo-brown chair and I'm a male, buck-toothed ginga.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
But I am a buck-toothed ginga, boys ;)

Haha that av is so old now, I love it! It's true, I am also a bad actor! Kekeke.

DunnyBasher

HSC
Not sure how to do that though, man.

Blue seems to think it can't be done (and I take his word for it) but the info booklet does say otherwise.
I'm not familiar with the multiple account setup on gmail, however, I'll post the details I used for Outlook 07 for both auto-forwarding from student mail to an external email account or both receiving and sending mail through an external email client.

Access through external client (able to both send and receive, so should be used in preference to autoforward):
Email Address: Firstname.Lastname@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Account Type: POP3 (or IMAP if you want)
Incoming mail server: studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Outgoing mail server: smtp.newcastle.edu.au
User Name: C####### (same as logging into studentmail)
Password: *as above

Auto-forward (all sending must be done via studentmail):
1. Log into studentmail
2. Go to Options
3. Go to Settings
4. Where it says 'Mail Forwarding', select the '
Enable forwarding' box.
5. In the box below it, type your external email address.
6. Click Save Changes

chamelia

HSC
Anyone elses studentmail accounts not working? I just bought Groovin' the Moo tickets and want to get to my confirmation email. Damn things keeps saying "Service temporarily unavailable" when I log in.

Frustrated.

chamelia

HSC
Really thats sucky for me. I thought maybe they killed your account sometime after you finished uni or something..but eh. Do want confirmation e-mail now.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I thought the same thing too coz I stopped getting shit job alerts. But then that career hub thing happened or whatever the fuck, and I've had a few emails lately. I'm not sure it'll last much longer though.

Why did you send the confirmation email to your studentmail? :S I wouldn't worry, mine was confirmed after like 3 minutes and I did it the day tickets came out. Just as long as you get it eventually coz like..yeh..tickets..

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
so. what else is there to do in newcastle, besides the beach?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Haha you really should. Especially when you could easily lose it any day now. And also, who actually only has one email account these days? :p

bheck7 said:
so. what else is there to do in newcastle, besides the beach?
Where are you from?
There are some mediocre shops and cafes. It's awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)