THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe (1 Viewer)

malkin86

HSC
PwarYuex said:
whoops, I meant to put 'during the battle scene'. During the battle scene, she was riding in a polar-bear-drawn roman-styled chariot. :) I liked how she was wearing Aslan's hair as a trophy - it just made it all the better when he came back.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
cherryblossom said:
I liked it, very reminiscent of LOTR especially the battle scenes - and older Edmund was hot ;)
I saw it on the 27th, and I thought it was good. Just note that I haven't read the books since at least 1999...so I may get things wrong...

My thoughts? Well they screwed up a handful of book references [first book? how dare you!] (but that was to be expected). However, they've produced a pretty good children's film. I would give it 9/10, because I was slightly disappointed in a few minor things.

Like Aslan. He was just...weird. He didn't talk like I imagined him to (some things he said were rather stilted/cliched/boring, whatever), but that could be just my opinion. And there were some weird moments where the animation just didn't seem to blend too well. Maybe it was me.

My last gripe is that the battle scenes are shameless LOTR ripoffs (specially TTT, I felt) but that's been said.

P.S. My Aragorn can outdo all the Narnian guys in hotness put together. The guys, once they were older, were rather dashing. But before that they're a bit...young. I thought Peter looked too young, despite the fact the actor is older than I am, but that's probably because I have it in my head he's meant to be older - since in the books he behaves older, I think. Or maybe not.

Well anyhow, I wonder what'll happen with the other novels - I hope Voyage of the Dawntreader gets made into a movie; I had the biggest crush on Prince Caspian for years.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Everytime someone I know see's an add for this they yell out "POONANIA!" followed by about 30minutes of laughter. We're so mature =)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
My last gripe is that the battle scenes are shameless LOTR ripoffs (specially TTT, I felt) but that's been said.
To be a shameless ripoff, there has to be a mad siege, and the sieging army has to stamp their weapons repeatedly to instil fear into the defending army, and from the trailers the climax battle seems only to take place on an expansive green field.

Woo, I'm seeing it on Friday. I read the books ages ago so I'll have no recollection of the plot whatsoever. Did anyone identify any overt references to Christianty as some critics claimed were present?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
oscar for tilda swinton!!!!!!
she was magnificent.

the film was ok. i wasnt really into any scene that didnt have the white witch in it, and i thought they played the whole christianity parallel a little too blatantly. but i thought the young lucy was a great little actress (but the other children were shit) and i enjoyed the final battle.

dan, i was annoyed at first about the film straying from the books (which i have also read many times), but you have to accept that a film maker has to take liberties with a plot to make it entertaining and stimulating for the viewers.
i for one jumped for joy at the disclusion of tom bombadil from the LOTR trilogy.

just ride with it :)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
AlleyCat said:
dan, i was annoyed at first about the film straying from the books (which i have also read many times), but you have to accept that a film maker has to take liberties with a plot to make it entertaining and stimulating for the viewers.
i for one jumped for joy at the disclusion of tom bombadil from the LOTR trilogy.

just ride with it :)
I knowwww....
As long as they dont destory all plot and meaning I suppose it has some worth.
I take things so literally :rolleyes:

Gummy_bear

HSC
I saw it on boxing day and absolutely loved it!
Though, i havnt read the book, any of them for that matter.
I dont know the back story, or anything from the books, does anyone know any good websites where i can read timelines and backstorys and stuff? i dont have the books and couldnt be bothered reading them ^^

But, yes, i loved the movie, though, the little girl anoyed me a little in the tumnus scenes, she was too proper.
my fav character was mr tumnus, he is just so sweet!

did anyone else think that the queens dresses were a little too weird? it made her look like a tank! i thought that she had man shoulders till i realised it was her dress! i couldnt help but laugh and point.

mr_brightside

HSC
Last edited:

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I hate, hate, hated some of the kids. Lucy and Ed mainly. Ed was such a brooding whinger who got hurt so much.
And did anyone notice the paedophilia undertones by the faun and the White Witch? Funny stuff :p

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
I hate, hate, hated some of the kids. Lucy and Ed mainly. Ed was such a brooding whinger who got hurt so much.
And did anyone notice the paedophilia undertones by the faun and the White Witch? Funny stuff :p
i thought lucy was good. definately the best of the kids. susan was the worst, i was cringing whenever she opened her big mouth.

and you can read paedophilia into anything, i wouldnt linger on it too much...unless you are referring to some instance that i completely overlooked.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mr_brightside said:
no.

<rant>
Theyve probably massacred the books story line.

Considering the White Witches sleigh is being pulled by POLAR FUCKING BEARS.
No not like White Reindeer, in the book ay.

Greater Union website says
"The first novel in the seven-part The Chronicles of Narnia series concerns a war between good and evil, pitting the magnificent lion, Aslan, against the forces of darkness in the magical world of Narnia."

SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO THEIR FUCKING RESEARCH.
whilst it was the first published.
But the LWW is the second novel in the Narnia Chronicles.

Theyre killing Narnia :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Ive read the entire Chronicles, at least, 50 times. It upsets me to see how they kill good books like this.

If this movie isnt good, im buying a gun and visiting Andrew Adamson.

</rant>
Actually you can read the books in just about any order and you'll have a different, though no less enthralling experience.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm probably going to see it with some of the '06ers around the forums. :cool:

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
It was okay.

- The 3d graphics were superb
- Good acting from the Lucy and the White Witch, Edmund was average, woeful acting from the rest
- The humour was quite cheesy, but as I was in good mood at the time, I found most of them to be funny.
- The battles were done well graphically but neither side felt like they were fighting to save/enslave the country.
- Train scene - the whole thing, to me looked a bit like Platform 9 and 3/4's. Oy.

RCMasterAA said:

Only in the sense that both were initially falsely charming and offered food or sweets to lure the children back to their homes, for ulterior motives. I didn't get any vibe of sexual attraction to the children from either though.

mr_brightside

HSC
withoutaface said:
Actually you can read the books in just about any order and you'll have a different, though no less enthralling experience.
As I have done many times.

I was just noting the poor marketing.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Just saw the movie yesterday and I have to say the special effects\3D animation was excellent. The large battle scene at the end and the fighting scenes throughout the movie where always great.

But I think some of the storyline, plot and characters was lost in the movie although I haven’t read the books I think it may of helped to my overall feelings of the film. Overall a good movie for the younger kids and all those you are still enthralled with Disney movies.

mr_brightside

HSC
hmmm I saw it NY Day.

Whilst the effects and acting were superb.

But
The story was technically wrong at many points.

And another thing the movie took away from at many points, is CS Lewis commentary.
I feel a commentator may have been a good move in this movie (perhaps the Professor).

Otherwise..im quite 'meh' about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)