The Club - related materials (1 Viewer)

andyman20

HSC
People! I need one more related material for The Club...
Any suggestions??

Thanks

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Okhrana

HSC
A few good men, the scene with tom cruise in the court room with jack nicholson where he finally admits that he ordered the code red, and says the famous line "you cant handle the truth!"

also the opening of Of mice and men.

korver

HSC
Exphate said:
Shawshank Redemption (roof scene)
Father and Son - Cat Stevens.
Millions of comics.

Search for radio transcripts, they are good too.
Question : How would you be able to make links between Father and Son and the Club? I'm not seeing it >.<
(Then again, i'm not the best at English and it's crappy ways)

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
korver said:
Question : How would you be able to make links between Father and Son and the Club? I'm not seeing it >.<
(Then again, i'm not the best at English and it's crappy ways)
related text you choose dont have to be thematically related to your prescribed text.
rather than trying to make thematic links between texts, you should aim to compare and contrast HOW the composer is communicating themes...
the best way to do this is to:
(for each text)
1. find 3-4 examples per syllabus dotpoints (interpersonal relationship-control or silenced, etc)
2. analyze such examples by considering what is its underlying theme, how the theme is communicated and what is the effect of the technique used.
3. compare and contrast between texts.
and dont worry about standard english, i got scaled mark of 84 but i still managed to get 91(uai). if i worked harder on other subjects, i would have done better so standard english doesn't hurt your uai.
and it's not difficult to get band 5 considering even i managed to get it (i'm esl).
just study hard! :)

azn 2245

HSC
I'm using Scarface. There are so many quotes and scenes that have various language techniques in the dialogue. My teacher said it was a good related text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)