The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

megaman64

HSC
How did people get jobs at Coles? Online or by visiting the store. When I go online I always see these jobs such as Deli and bakers, never cashiers. Anyone can help?

Marc26

HSC
How did people get jobs at Coles? Online or by visiting the store. When I go online I always see these jobs such as Deli and bakers, never cashiers. Anyone can help?
You do both, ask to see the store manager and present yourself in a neat and professional manner. Introduce yourself and ask/answer questions.
Hopefully if they're looking for people to work on service then your application may go through.
That's what I did. It demonstrates you are keen to work and they're more likely to hire a motivated person than someone who isn't.
Also, a piece of advice is to say you are free to do any role at coles and you are available at anytime. They want people who are available and are suitable for the job.

Remember, its a big company and there's thousands of applicants from what I've been told. So make yourself stand out from the rest.

megaman64

HSC
Thanks a lot for the advice.

One more question: Should I bring a printed copy of my resume or just directly talk to the store manager.

Last edited:

Marc26

HSC
Yeah take it along definitely - even if they don't look at it.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Any idea if Coles are hiring at the moment or are there still a lot of employees left over from Christmas and not many spaces?

Marc26

HSC
Any idea if Coles are hiring at the moment or are there still a lot of employees left over from Christmas and not many spaces?
Coles were hiring around my area around the October and September time, not sure about now. Ask them if they are hiring.

sonispucca

HSC
My Coles isn't really hiring now we took a lot of people in up to December.
And it's easiest just to apply online expressing interest for all positions.

danielau

HSC
Anyone know what my chances are of getting the job at coles? I've passed the group interview and went for a one-on-one last Wednesday. The interviewer said he would reply by this Friday but I'm getting extremely worried that I won't get offered! Some people say that getting into the 2nd interview somewhat means that the job is yours but is just a formality for the recruiting process. Anyone got some experiences to share or got to the 2nd interview but didn't get the job?

Katebrunner

HSC
Re: coles group interview what to expect?

Do coles managers like employing Woolworths workers? Surely its an advantage to have supermarket experience? Im thinking of jumping ship lol. Has anyone on here done it?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

proflayton

HSC
I just got an email from coles and it says your application has proceeded to next step. Something like that.
It was for Liquorland. Anyone know of what happens next. Its been a 2 weeks now.
Coles liquorland is scary to work for. They get mystery shopped 24/7.
I logged into my coles account and it says application - under consideration.

ClassOf2013

HSC
Hey guys, i'm curious about whether or not I got the job.

I had a one-on-one interview last Thursday, went well as far as I can tell, the interviewer was very pleased about my ability to work Friday and Saturday nights. She said i'd know if I got it or not by Monday. It's now Tuesday, and no reply. What the frig does this mean? Does it mean I didn't get it?

AirbusA380

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
Im currently employed at Coles and have been working in the fresh produce department for around 6 months. Today i was notified that im going to be getting trained in service checkouts in a couple of days. :(. Any tips or tricks to the trade? How should i greet customers and what are some alternatives? Is there anything important I need to know that they may not tell me? Thanks :(

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm wondering if Coles has a christmas casual upcoming? Also seeing as there's going to be a Coles opening coming up soon.

mp2250

HSC
got an interview for coles tomorrow...
went to one earlier one this year and didn't get the job, any tips for a better outcome this time around?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
lol are there both group and individual interviews

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)