The Course/College Thread (1 Viewer)

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
please say the course you have been accepted to and the college you are going to.

me, commerce/economics at Duval (2nd year)

snot

hey i was preaccepted into arts/law though i dont know which college to stay at can anyone tell me like what kind of ppl are at each college and yes mojoman im seriously considering DUVAL but so not sure yet.... plz help

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
no matter which college you go to, you'll find pretty much the same people, but some colleges have more of a certain type of people. albies and robb are the two more rural colleges, wright village have a lot of international students, as does mary white (i think, ash correct me if i'm wrong), duval, earle page, austin and drummond have a huge mix of people, i know duval has international students, rurals and city people and all that.
... but duval is just obviously better.
if u want more info PM me or something

Ashleet

HSC
arts / law 2nd year , Mary White.

We dont have huge numbers of international exchange students to the extent that Wright does (last year we probably had around 20 (incl. French, German, American, Canadian, Thai and other parts of Asia) that stayed ranging from 1 semester to the entire year.

We also do get a fair few international groups that stay for short periods of time (we have a block used pretty much only for visiting international guests that last year no full time residents lived in (cept the RA for that block)).

snot

i plan on doing a double degree this year and also planing on staying at Duval but i dont think ill have time to participate in all of the college sporting games and all that so do we actually have to. i mean i would love to do them all but is it compulsory

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
hell no... im the sports rep at duval this year, and you never have to do anything you dont want to... (except drink.. thats nearly compulsory)

snot

so we dont have to do anything at all except drink. wow i might acheive my new years resolution of a beer gut by next december. wooooo

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
you dont have to drink, but yes if you're keen for a drink or two, its always there

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
for those going to duval, the calendar for first term is up on the site... and o-week looks fucking awesome.. again

snot

hey doing arts/law and into duval ive heard heaps of good stories bout it. but bit confussed when we go on holidays through the year do we have to take all our stuff with us. whats this slave day thing by the way......

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
depends on which courtyard you are in, you will have to move out most of your stuff, but can leave stuff in your cupboards and desk.

ahh slave day, its a lot of fun, you and a bunch of other freshers get auctioned off to us returners, and we make u do funny things. last year we had to walk down the main street with undies on our head and then went back to drink goon. always a good time...
o-week is fucking awesome, im assuming you have recieved your acceptance and your o-week calender then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)