The Course/College Thread (1 Viewer)

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
the most daunting bit about o-week is prolly the sunday arvo, you dont know many people and its awkward, but usually by sunday nite you're all set, and if you aren't you definitely are on monday night

tamster1

HSC
Many go to the pool on the sun? Are others allowed? ie. my sister.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
we have woolshed, which is one of the biggest nights of the year the night before, so lots of people go, hungover to fuck, and yeah its a good time... i spose ya sis can come.. as long as she cheers for duval

Ashems

I'm doing primary education and living at Wright......I think I was kinda lucky to get into Wright as a first year student??...But I wasn't really too keen on the whole mass produced food thing! I got my letter the other day....we have to move in on the 20th feb.........its my birthday!

woohohoohoo

captain oblivious
HSC
*A*S*H*L*I said:
I'm doing primary education and living at Wright......I think I was kinda lucky to get into Wright as a first year student??...But I wasn't really too keen on the whole mass produced food thing! I got my letter the other day....we have to move in on the 20th feb.........its my birthday!

hey! im a wrighter too.. 2nd year this year. yeah u probably were pretty lucky, its getting harder and harder to get in, but i kno someone starting his first yr and he got in, mostly because he kept ringin them up and persisting.

do u know what flat you're in yet?

Ashems

Yeah....well i refused to live at any of the collages, so mum and dad were gonna buy a house or unit in town as an investment kinda thing, so we spent a few days up there looking round but there was nothing ideal to buy so they went to wright and had a look around and decided that that would be pretty good for a while and they just told me that i needed to send them an e-mail showing my independence and stuff and then i just kept ringing them and they told me i was definately accepted. I only got the letter and forms and stuff the other day so i dont know what flat im in, but im hoping for a four bedroom one with two other girls from where i come from and someone else......don't know who....they said something about having an older student in each one...like a 3rd or 4th year student??....

tamster1

HSC
Mojoman said:
we have woolshed, which is one of the biggest nights of the year the night before, so lots of people go, hungover to fuck, and yeah its a good time... i spose ya sis can come.. as long as she cheers for duval
I didn't mean that day but Nevermind. thanx thou.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
tamster1 said:
I didn't mean that day but Nevermind. thanx thou.

ahhhhh.. the first sunday, the day you get there, yeah the pool is usually packed cos the inflatable is goin (its like a pool obstacle course... and hard as buggery to finish, not sure if your sis will be able to go to that though), last year me and a few others played a game or cricket instead with someone fromt he o-week committee, which i will prolly do this year
if you have any specific questions about duval or o-week you can PM me

mrramjet

HSC
I was just browsing through the o-week schedule for Duval. Is any of this compulsory? I mean Wild West night, Scavenger Hunt, Run/Swim, Slave Auction, Woolshed (bush dances?), Fun Swim, Desperate and Dateless, etc. I'm sure they're fun but they aren't really my thing.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
woolshed is pretty much compulsory, cos everyone in the college goes (its a 30min bus trip out of town), but tis all in good fun, if you dont like it there are buses that leave earlyish.
wild wild west night is the first night the returners are there so traditionally most people go just to meet the returners.
but nothing is really compulsory, you can leave the functions whenever you want.
i might be wrong in saying this, but why did u apply for a college, when its not your thing. you would probably be best suited moving in town.
but hey, you might like it. i know a lot of people who were in your position, weren't too keen on the partying side of things etc. and they had a great time in o-week and throughout the year
also if you dont mind me asking, what is you type of thing, cos there are loads of other things that happen throughout the year you would probably be interested in

tamster1

HSC
mrramjet said:
I was just browsing through the o-week schedule for Duval. Is any of this compulsory? I mean Wild West night, Scavenger Hunt, Run/Swim, Slave Auction, Woolshed (bush dances?), Fun Swim, Desperate and Dateless, etc. I'm sure they're fun but they aren't really my thing.

Duval does sound like an odd mix for you. I think the same as Mojoman. But it sounds like there is heaps of stuff for every type though. Maybe it'll grow on you...I hope so. :)

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
on the wednesday of o-week, evermore are playing at the bistro
then on the next wednesday spiderbait are playing.. tis the same as last year, except its spiderbait instead of the butterfly effect.

snot

so the night of the wild wild west thing is the first night that the returners are there right does that mean before then its just first years at the college

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
yeah, the returners get there during the day, then all hell breaks loose in the night.
before that night its all the first years, o-week committee (which im part of, and has about 10-13 other people), the executive (4 people) and the resident fellows (8 people), who are a good bunch of people.

it should be awesome, i cant wait...

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
mojo - i know i'm not going to duval (but i assume this question would be fairly similar for all of the colleges) but are people in higher years of your course good to buy text books off? coz i was just looking at my textbook list just for first semester it's going to be like $350 - so i'm hoping i can get some second hand - if not off second years then somewhere else (is there a 2nd hand bookshop or something - and how much cheaper is that)
thanks

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
there is the bookshop that sells everything new, and there is a second hand bookshop at the uni, but tis pretty dodgy. but since you are doing rural science and you are at albies, you will be pretty set for buying it from someone above you.

tamster1

HSC
ballerinabarbie said:
mojo - i know i'm not going to duval (but i assume this question would be fairly similar for all of the colleges) but are people in higher years of your course good to buy text books off? coz i was just looking at my textbook list just for first semester it's going to be like $350 - so i'm hoping i can get some second hand - if not off second years then somewhere else (is there a 2nd hand bookshop or something - and how much cheaper is that)
thanks

Hey how do we find out books and stuff anyway?

mrramjet

HSC
How many hours per week should I expect if I'm doing B Arts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)