The Course/College Thread (1 Viewer)

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
damn you whoever mentioned textbooks, i just looked up how much mine will cost, looks like $450 bucks, but ill hopefully manage to find friends who did the subjects.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
depends on what you major in, i know some people who had 10, and some who had 20
wot do you think you'll major in?

mrramjet

HSC
I have one more question, what's the deal with bathrooms at Duval?

snot

theres a bathroom on every floor you share it with 8 ppl it has 2 showers and 2 toilets and i think one sink. that was what i sore when i was up there but im not sure if there all like that though.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
in most blocks its 1 toilet and 1 shower with 2 sinks per floor (floor of 7 or less) but some blocks with bigger floors its two toilets and two showers with two sinks..
it sounds daunting at first, but it only takes a few days to get used to communal living so to speak

tamster1

HSC
mrramjet said:
psychology
I have two friends coming with me to UNE, both doing BA. One is doing psychology as well, so you'll get to meet her. She's great so you'll like her if you do get to meet her. (she's not at Duval thou)

tamster1

HSC
I tried to look up my hours and all I got was something like 5.5hrs but that was only for the 2 units I know I'm doing

Last edited:

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Mojoman said:
in most blocks its 1 toilet and 1 shower with 2 sinks per floor (floor of 7 or less) but some blocks with bigger floors its two toilets and two showers with two sinks..
it sounds daunting at first, but it only takes a few days to get used to communal living so to speak
hmm yes i've been being teased by my friends for the last month about what ppl could get up to in o-week with communal showers and digital cameras... its all good and fun though! hahaha

and i'm quite happy that albies has sinks in each room... makes things a bit easier... except we have to share our bathrooms with 19 others (there's 20 ppl on a floor) - although i'm sure there is more than 2 toilets and 2 showers

woohohoohoo

captain oblivious
HSC
*A*S*H*L*I said:
Yeah....well i refused to live at any of the collages, so mum and dad were gonna buy a house or unit in town as an investment kinda thing, so we spent a few days up there looking round but there was nothing ideal to buy so they went to wright and had a look around and decided that that would be pretty good for a while and they just told me that i needed to send them an e-mail showing my independence and stuff and then i just kept ringing them and they told me i was definately accepted. I only got the letter and forms and stuff the other day so i dont know what flat im in, but im hoping for a four bedroom one with two other girls from where i come from and someone else......don't know who....they said something about having an older student in each one...like a 3rd or 4th year student??....

the 4 bedrooms r the nicest. im in a 8 bedroom again, they r the cheapest, and u get to meet more ppl.. even tho it sucks if u dont get along with them! u might be hard up getting in with your friends at this point, but maybe! fingers crossed ay.

Ashems

Yes! definately.....but at the same time i reckon it would be cool to meet lots of new people...but i guess that's going to happen anyways hey!!

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
tamster1 said:
How many freshers go to Duval?
depends, my year (last year) was the most there has been for ages there was 120, but since there are not many people leaving college, i think there is room for 70-80, but they have kicked out a fair few returners

jodes_w

hey! im doin communications, stayin at austin college! im so excited, ohhh now i wanna know our games and stuff for o week. dammit. anyone know anything? coz im seriously jealous of duval now. even tho austins way betta! :p haha!

woohohoohoo

captain oblivious
HSC
*A*S*H*L*I said:
Yes! definately.....but at the same time i reckon it would be cool to meet lots of new people...but i guess that's going to happen anyways hey!!
yep. :) its all fun.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
jodes_w said:
hey! im doin communications, stayin at austin college! im so excited, ohhh now i wanna know our games and stuff for o week. dammit. anyone know anything? coz im seriously jealous of duval now. even tho austins way betta! :p haha!
It's going back a few years but O-week you might have things like trivia night, nut and bolt party, scavenger hunt and a few block parties. Although it might have changed since I was there. You should get a programme when you get there anyway and the block tutor will tell you what's going to happen as well.

At least it's not like one of the other colleges where you are made to put on womens clothes and ... ...no wait i've said too much :)

bboy_insane

HSC
N/A
Ok I'm second year at Austin this year.

There's gearsticks and motors. (boys go to the keg shed and girls go to the common room and get pissed seperately then join up later ;) )

Back to school night, block parties etc. Theres an event every night for the first week, and it will be the best week of your life.

Think Duval's o-week, then multiply it by at least 2 or 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)