The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Haha true.

Even though Maxwell is a bit of a hot head it's been good watching him play!

RishBonjour

HSC

Haha true.

Even though Maxwell is a bit of a hot head it's been good watching him play!
starc was doing well. Only watched him play a few times. (don't really know much of the new Australian squad sadly... - hard to keep up with the fkn selectors changing players every series)
But 5 wickets in 6.5 overs in one day. good stuff.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Turned on TV at around 3, was somewhat annoyed that I missed the first bit - though I thought I wouldn't have missed much.

nek minnit all out for 70

Also lol at Maxwell (?) playing Stick Cricket IRL first over.

michaeljennings

HSC

Im not sure if anyone has seen Cameron Gannon from the QLD Bulls bowl before but I find it incredibly ironic that Darren Lehmann had a cry over Marlon Samuels' bowling action when one of his own bowlers looks like the biggest chucker in all of the world

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

What's up with the IPL player prices? Paine and Wade going unsold, Hughes for 100k, Clarke only one bidder for 400k, a heap of well known international players going unsold at cheap prices. But Faulkner sold for 400k and Maxwell 1 million! Is there something i'm missing?

michaeljennings

HSC

What's up with the IPL player prices? Paine and Wade going unsold, Hughes for 100k, Clarke only one bidder for 400k, a heap of well known international players going unsold at cheap prices. But Faulkner sold for 400k and Maxwell 1 million! Is there something i'm missing?
Personally id never buy Paine, his strike rate is too low

faulkner is a bargain at that price

The owners also seem to have a bias for indian domestic players over international players but i guess its their money they can do what they want. Maxwell fits the mould of jadeja but probably bats a lot better imo

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Yeah, they tend to have the domestic player bias because of the IPL window in the Indian players schedule and the restrictions involved with how many international players can play per match. Not sure if theres been any changes to that, wouldn't be surprised if the old budget cap has been changed actually - that'd make sense. Wonder what the big name Indian players will go for.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

It's worked for and against Aus in the last two games but these really inconclusive knicks being reviewed and then given out are bizarre.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Last night was an absolute farce.
Yeah... That was the only real dodgy decision i saw though (but i did watch top gear half way into Windies innings) and it wasnt critical to the match in the end.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

seems like australias out for a 4-0 lead against the windies lol.

prazo94

HSC

hopefully it will be 5-0 (or it should) excellent knock by pollard though...is gayle playing the next game? i hope he does and gets back into form..would be sixes galore if that happens :)

michaeljennings

HSC

hopefully it will be 5-0 (or it should) excellent knock by pollard though...is gayle playing the next game? i hope he does and gets back into form..would be sixes galore if that happens :)
yea unfortunately hes been sorely out of form with his time in australia, he had two massive t20 knocks in the west indian domestic comp though but didnt carry over into the one dayers here.

Pollard has so much potential but seems to have no brain most of the time. For someone with that much talent to only average 25 in a format he should dominate is pretty disappointing

prazo94

HSC

yes it is pretty sad..tbh i find that many of the windies players are talented i.e. tino best, dwayne bravo, pollard but none of them seem to be consistent(same with the pakistanis who unfortunately have an awesome fast bowling talent get embroiled in match fixing)...would be awesome to seem what those guys could achieve with a bit of consistency :(

on another note: watto's back :)

michaeljennings

HSC

yes it is pretty sad..tbh i find that many of the windies players are talented i.e. tino best, dwayne bravo, pollard but none of them seem to be consistent(same with the pakistanis who unfortunately have an awesome fast bowling talent get embroiled in match fixing)...would be awesome to seem what those guys could achieve with a bit of consistency :(

on another note: watto's back :)
Yea i was actually surprised by how low dwayne bravo's ODI average was as well for someone so talented

I dont support Australia but I cant wait for the India tour, that should be good cricket

prazo94

HSC

haha...hopefully it isn't a one sided affair like the last india/aus series
hopefully there's some competition and sledging to spice things up :p

michaeljennings

HSC

haha...hopefully it isn't a one sided affair like the last india/aus series
hopefully there's some competition and sledging to spice things up :p
yea its on indias turf this time so they should go a lot better i reckon, hoping australia pump them though.

Did you catch the Victoria v South Australia game tonight? Such a good game lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)