The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

seanieg89

HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

SA have a good chance at scoring high this time. 212/5 isn't bad.... If they lose wickets quickly then yes.
That's irrelevant to my point though, I am not saying our winning chances are better than theirs. I just think that a solid first innings from us doesn't look like it will leave enough time in the match for SAf to pile on a satisfactory lead and bowl us out on this pitch, esp. with Smith's defensive captaincy and without a decent spinner.

That said, this is contingent on us batting solidly and them not showing more intent to attack than they currently have. It's only day one, tonight will pretty much dictate the shape of the game from here on I think.

seanieg89

HSC

I didnt watch a lot of it but it sounds like it was a terrible day of cricket lol. Only 5 wickets and 214 runs, considering 2 wickets fell quite early, it would have been quite the boring day.
Yeah, you didn't miss out on too much.

seanieg89

HSC

If someone is Indian it's safe to assume they are a cricket fan
It's not actually particularly high up on my list of favourite sports, I pretty much just watch the ashes. Had to watch at least a bit of this series after all the hype though.

crazy_paki123

HSC

Saffers have a huge chance here. If any team can win from here its the Saffers. IN saying that though, Australia's best batting in Haddin, and SMith are yet to come lol

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Haha geez, the clearly not out decision reviewed just then had a spike on snicko almost as "large" as the one given out exclusively on merrit of it 5 minutes earlier.

crazy_paki123

HSC

well it wasnt "clearly" not out, there was obviously a noise and there was something on the snickometer, however there was doubt so it shouldve stayed not out. But geez the Saffers have been terrible with their reviews

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I meant the second one which stayed not out, that one was clearly not out. The other one was probably out, but so little evidence - just surprised that the snicko graph on the second one wasn't all that different to the first one (ball was near nothing when it spiked)

crazy_paki123

HSC

oh nah i thought it was not out easily. youre talking about the one that went down the leg side yeah?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Australia has lost ... If they can't post big runs

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Right now.... SA are leading by 200+ runs ... With two wickets out, they will reach 300 on top of that .... Thus meaning austealia needs 500 + runs to win

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

Mate, change that to leading by 369 runs. Australia's feeling it now... SA needa make 600+ and declare. Then we can entertain ourselves looking at the facial expressions of Mitchell Johnson and Michael Clarke. ;)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Mate, change that to leading by 369 runs. Australia's feeling it now... SA needa make 600+ and declare. Then we can entertain ourselves looking at the facial expressions of Mitchell Johnson and Michael Clarke. ;)
nek minnit

highest run chase in the 4th innings to win a match ever

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

80% chance of rain on the final day, please save us rain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)