The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Urgh Michael Clarke !!!!!!

Good leader shit all rounder AND BATTEr

Barely makes half a century and he can't bowl for shit
Clarke is nowhere inconsistent as you make him out to be - you can't expect a player to get 50+ in each and every game. In fact, he is widely regarded by leading cricket commentators as one of the most consistent batsmen in recent years.

And his bowling is quite good, for a part-timer. e.g. the match Machiavelli1 refers to :)

lol best bowling figures 6/9
I remember that game lol. it was aus vs india test, I think at the SCG. That last day literally was on-the-edge-of-your-seat action :)

seanieg89

HSC
Clarke is nowhere inconsistent as you make him out to be - you can't expect a player to get 50+ in each and every game. In fact, he is widely regarded by leading cricket commentators as one of the most consistent batsmen in recent years.

And his bowling is quite good, for a part-timer. e.g. the match Machiavelli1 refers to :)

I remember that game lol. it was aus vs india test, I think at the SCG. That last day literally was on-the-edge-of-your-seat action :)
Agree with your first paragraph, and in any case I would take a high average and above average variance over low average and low variance.

I don't think that was the SCG match, I think it was an earlier match in the subcontinent. And that SCG match was pretty ugly because of all the umpiring fails.

mreditor16

HSC
Agree with your first paragraph, and in any case I would take a high average and above average variance over low average and low variance.

I don't think that was the SCG match, I think it was an earlier match in the subcontinent. And that SCG match was pretty ugly because of all the umpiring fails.
Oh yes my bad, Clarke still did play a role in that SCG match but so did Bucknor (iirc) - what a dodgy umpire. I think they got rid of him soon after

the match I was actually thinking of was Mumbai in 2004 - quite a while ago :D

timeflies

HSC
Omg this thread is back! :D How bad did Pakistan smash Australia in the last test tho? ;) Especially since they were missing like their entire lineup of bowlers hahaha

TranceStep

HSC
Omg this thread is back! :D How bad did Pakistan smash Australia in the last test tho? ;) Especially since they were missing like their entire lineup of bowlers hahaha
They gave them the D in both the tour match and first test. This is the first time I have been thoroughly impressed by Pakistan's batting in a long time especially dat rapid ton from Sarfraz Ahmed and performances from Younis, Misbah, Shehzad,etc. I expect Australia to be more competitive in the Second Test as they have shown to bounce back in the past. Pakistan's bowling attack also massive surprise how such inexperience at an international level produced world class performance against the highly ranked Aussies. Personally, I think its upto Clarky to step things up with the bat.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahahah

I think Australia didn't adapt to the environment very well ... OR some players were inconsistent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)