The cuffs are off for High Court showdown (1 Viewer)

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
prosaic said:
Perhaps he was an ethics student who resolved to dress himself up as Gleeson, sour-lemon-expression included, in the vain hope that some of the CJ's divinity will be transferred to him by doing so, and thus make up for a semester's worth of untouched readings.
I don't see how that could be - impersonating a High Court judge would be so unethical :)

prosaic

HSC
well people do come up with some pretty extraordinary ideas when they find themselves in these sorts of circumstances...and the general trend is to go through with these ideas or add to the plot instead of tackling that pile of reading in an immediate flurry.

EDIT: Oh, and the "unethical" bit is most likely not an issue, since our imposter friend hasn't done his readings.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I actually came close to bumping into Gleeson one time - scariest moment of my law student life. He was to give a talk in the Scientia at UNSW at 6pm. It was long before 6, around 5:25 or something in fact, and I was loitering around some corridors of the building checking out all these strange rooms I'd never been in before. So of course I did not expect that, when walking back down a corridor to the main lobby, and I was almost there - who should come round the corner but... Gleeson! For about 3 seconds he stood there eye to eye with my flabbergasted self - death stare going and all... before I jumped out of his way. That was pretty alarming. But I have to say, one thing I did note is that he is quite a short fellow!

Later on during his talk I asked him a question about tips for future advocates. He was very obliging and after a few habitual death stares I realised that he just has an unfortunate way of letting his face rest in a frowning state.
lol, moonlight. How many times have you told that story? :p

prosaic

HSC
ManlyChief said:
Is ignorance an excuse for violating ethical principles? :)
Don't know. But it sure is an excuse for not answering your question properly.

Angel45

HSC
ManlyChief said:
Gleeson used his lifetime USyd Union membership to purchase cut price sludge masquerading as coffee and discount biro. :)

No, but I have resolved to sit in that chair and order a coffee and doughnut before my legal ethics exam at the end of semester in the vian hope that some of his divinity will still be present in the plastic seat and shall, by process of diffusion, transfer to me and so ameliorate the effects of failing to do a whole semester's worth of reading :)
LOL. Haha - u hav a good way with language!

A feel bad but:S I'm doing law and I wouldn't have a clue who the HC judges were if I fell over them...only know 'em by name:S

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)