The Da Vinci Code (1 Viewer)

rific

HSC
I was given the 4 books as a gift and read them all, thought Angels and Demons was the best (read it before Da Vinci Code) but yeah, he does tend to stick to the same formula for everything, but than again, I reckon Matthew Reilly does the same - but does that matter if the formula is an interesting one?

I've almost finished "Assassini" by Thomas Gifford, it's written similarly to Da Vinci code, you'd think it was a copy-cat writing except it was published roughly 15 years ago. I recommend Assassini, it has a fairly convoluted storyline and can get bogged down for while, but a good mystery so far, better than Brown in many ways, I just need to see how it ends :) but that aside, still a good read, especially if you like the Da Vinci Code.

sladehk

le random
HSC
there's a reason for it being the number 1 book for god knows how long! because its irresistable

asimz

HSC
yeh its evil thats why it is irresistible, like drugs and alcohol to some ppl... chocolate as well for that matter.

still waiting

HSC
Darth Figgy said:
Lol, I think my faith in the Catholic Church was pushed over the edge when a visiting priest to our school said "we all know that Heaven isn't full of cherubs and fluffy white clouds" - you know this do you? Who says it isn't? How can you prove that the Bible is true while disproving the contents of Heaven?
i think my faith was a little shaken when george pell told our cartholic all girls school that when were older we will all make great housewives and mothers.....
thanks thanks alot

anyways i really enjoyed the book but its not supposed to be factual it is a fictional book... i did my religion isp on it for yr 11 about how db portrayed christianity and how religious institutions responded it was good cause there was alot of medis coverage about it

felafel

yeah i loved this book too; Priory of Sion, Da Vinci's secrets hidden in his paintings . . . there's so much juicy factual stuff in the book!

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
felafel said:
yeah i loved this book too; Priory of Sion, Da Vinci's secrets hidden in his paintings . . . there's so much juicy factual stuff in the book!
*cough* whole thing is fabricated *cough*

so much for 'fact'

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I didnt like this book much at all. The introduction is obviously extremely tentative and amateurish, poor character description and development, badly interwoven fiction and fact (ie. phrasing), simplistic language... etc.

I think the ideas are quite relevant though and were the only thing that kept me reading. This book seems written for a largely secular, middle-class audience which does nothing for me.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Whats this book about anyway, i here they are trying to make a movie based on it or something

muffin_man123

HSC
The film is to be directed by Ron Howard *shakes head in disappointment * and Robert Langdon is being played by Tom Hanks. Im not expecting much, this film is gonna suck! Tom Hanks????????? Ron Howard??????????????????

Pointy Ears

HSC
I agree that Davici code is written in a more simplistic language, but thats what helps keep the story going, like, u dont get bogged down with detailed descriptions, he just gets on with the story.
Yes, the ending was disappointing though the issues brought up are v interesting and controversial, its all very conspirital, which is why i think its so popular.

Anyways, ANGELS and DEMONS, the 1st bk with Lagdon in it is HEAPS better, more controversial, more dark, more unrealistic but bloody entertaining and thought provoking at the same time.
I think its a lot better than DAvinci code. DVC conisisted more upon exposition (explianing the story through dialogue) than actually DOING anything.
Theres heaps of action in Angels and Demons. Wonder how theyre going to adapt DVC when most of the story consists of two ppl talking to eachother.

sladehk

le random
HSC
I'm pretty sure that a movie is goign to made on the Da Vinci Code. Dan Brown is after all, a very accomplished writer and skilled enough to become the bestselling author!

gem_max

HSC
Pointy Ears said:
I agree that Davici code is written in a more simplistic language, but thats what helps keep the story going, like, u dont get bogged down with detailed descriptions, he just gets on with the story.
Yes, the ending was disappointing though the issues brought up are v interesting and controversial, its all very conspirital, which is why i think its so popular.

Anyways, ANGELS and DEMONS, the 1st bk with Lagdon in it is HEAPS better, more controversial, more dark, more unrealistic but bloody entertaining and thought provoking at the same time.
I think its a lot better than DAvinci code. DVC conisisted more upon exposition (explianing the story through dialogue) than actually DOING anything.
Theres heaps of action in Angels and Demons. Wonder how theyre going to adapt DVC when most of the story consists of two ppl talking to eachother.
I agree... except about the A&Ds bit as Im yet to read that book but looking forward to when I do! As for your last question I guess they could portray the story in a similar style to Collateral. That movie rocked and yet its basis was conversations.

steven simister

HSC
N/A
The Da Vinci code is rather simplistic in its manner and English, however the foundation of the story is what grips people and wills them to read on. The characters are wooden, but again the myth around the fact is totally enthrawling.

Topical discussions are going on at www.davincicodeforum.com

I think Tom Hanks will not play too bad a part, after all, he can act. Better than Brad Pitt. Remember Tom Hanks in 'The Green Mile'! I know, Langdon is suppose to be hansome, but hey, Tom can't have it all.

regards,

Intersimi
www.davincicodeforum.com

somechick

HSC
N/A
hey! the girl from amelie, the really cute one, is gonna play sophie!! now thats good casting!

stainmepink

HSC
after reading the divinci code i became incredibly cynical of the bible. did that happen to any one else?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
somechick said:
hey! the girl from amelie, the really cute one, is gonna play sophie!! now thats good casting!
are you serious? :eek:
isn't sophie supposed to be hot?
not that the amelie chick is ugly. she's more cute ^^ i don't think cute people would suit the sophie role.

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
gobaby said:
after reading the divinci code i became incredibly cynical of the bible. did that happen to any one else?
yeh that happened to me......not like i was saying that the bible was false but there are so many things in there that are questionable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)