The Daily Telegraph (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I'm not to sure if this belongs here but its directed to HSC students.

Has anyone here seen the article on the exams (form the previous day) In the Daily Telegraph? I look at some of them and it has two tecahers reviews on the exam, whether it was hard, easy or fair. I was dissapointed to see that this section was so small in a newspaper so big.

One article that stands out to me in particular is the Maths exam (2U l think) and they said that a teacher of 3U maths attempted the hardest question and couldn't even get it right. A student exclaimed that it would have taken hours to do that one question.

I was just curious if anyone else has read these articles and what they think about them.

Mazey

Yeh ive read em
I spose they cant afford to make it too big (the articles i mean)... you know society isnt that interested!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The Sydney Morning Herald has a larger section and sometimes includes a sample question from the paper. As does the Illawarra Mercury. Their sections are alright, still they're published by the same company - Fairfax.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
LOL just read the post-exam forums! I think a lot can be said ;)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah i was really intersted in it.. but the articles are short and tiny........but i just read it via the net now... much easier than the actual copy evne though we are subscribed to it..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
after having my english teacher for the previous 2 years i can no longer read the telegraph, i find it physically impossible to put up with their misrepresentations, sensationalism and blatant lies.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
after having my english teacher for the previous 2 years i can no longer read the telegraph, i find it physically impossible to put up with their misrepresentations, sensationalism and blatant lies.
every newspaper and magazine lies and misrepresent issues.

Mazey

Yeh thats true
The telegraph has a rep tho cos its more.... "gossipy"
I prefer it tho...
Even if its garbage at least you can see over the top of it lol!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
telegraph is one of the worst offenders though, and their the worst at covering it up

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I like the telegraph, it has the main issues, and none of that crap that no one wants to read about. Maybe they should hire some better news writers or something.. but you really shouldn't believe anything you see on tv, anything you read in newspapers or magazines or click on the net.

EDIT: you should believe MOST of the things you see..etc.

Mazey

Yeh the telegraph's writers should take some grammer lessons! :p Sometimes you find the weirdest sentances!

Mazey

I like they're website!
That's one thing that makes it more readable hehe!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ive been reading the smh ones but they are fucked because more often then not they only speak about one of the exams that were on that day.... i mean thats just unfair.. like what makes one more important than another..
for example when ancient and ipt were on... the next day the only spoke about ancient and when modern and legal were on they only spoke of modern

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeha they go with which ever one with the most candidates...
Originally posted by Mazey
I like they're website!
That's one thing that makes it more readable hehe!
yeah i reckon..some paper sites are not reading-friendly..whereas the smh online ones are good..

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
While newspapers can't be entirely trusted, the Telegraph does seem to be one of the worst, something that has only been heightened through 'Telling The Truth'. The sensationalism and distortion of truth has been very rife throughout it's pages.. Anyone remember such exploitative headlines as A Traitor's Innocent Son Asks; Will Daddy Blow Up Australia?.

Yet it remains a more popular paper. (Not only statistically, but from personal experience. I purchase the Herald each Saturday, and at the local newsagent, almost every copy of the Telegraph is sold..).

Incidentally, their music reportage (The Telegraph) is quite bad as well.. The music editor seems to have some bias against Radiohead.. Like when there was the 'controversy' over the unreleased 'Motion Picture Soundtrack' videoclip, the comment in the Telegraph literally was In a move that could alienate up to half their fanbase...

:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)