• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Death of Christopher Hitchens (4 Viewers)

Lentern

HSC
it must be difficult trying to justify your life decision to follow some sand cult every day.
Oh wow that stings I've never copped vitriol from a condescending atheist before.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yo Lentern, i heard you liked Christianity, does it suck to follow the preachings of a group of men who probably circle jerked each other whilst thinking what ways they can scrounge money via mindless zombies and how to fuck up government decisions for their own benefit?

Lentern

HSC
No, he quite accurately represented your faith as dogmatic, irrational and opposed to science.
His representation of the church as a single, unanimous, unwavering body demonstrates just how little he understood faith, or how untruthfully he liked to portray it.

Lentern

HSC
Yo Lentern, i heard you liked Christianity, does it suck to follow the preachings of a group of men who probably circle jerked each other whilst thinking what ways they can scrounge money via mindless zombies and how to fuck up government decisions for their own benefit?
Ask your mum

Lentern

HSC
Like addicts in need of a hit, the disciples of Hitchens respond to his death by desperately scurrying about the internet in search of religious types that they might browbeat them with pathetic insecurity, hopelessly fighting off their existential crisis by filling their gaping void of meaning with hatred.

evanstroeve

Premium Member
HSC
His representation of the church as a single, unanimous, unwavering body demonstrates just how little he understood faith, or how untruthfully he liked to portray it.
Please elaborate. I'm trying to take you seriously and that is the only way it will happen.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Like addicts in need of a hit, the disciples of Hitchens respond to his death by desperately scurrying about the internet in search of religious types that they might browbeat them with pathetic insecurity, hopelessly fighting off their existential crisis by filling their gaping void of meaning with hatred.
you are like the religious version of slide.

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
guys its going to be sad if you all burn in hell one day

join islam and inshallah you will all find true peace within

inb4 terrorists what peace bla bla bullshit research da religion fools

evanstroeve

Premium Member
HSC
There's no pathetic insecurity, existential crisis, void of meaning or hatred. You are not articulating your point clearly and it is the only thing preventing this from being a reasonable discussion.

Lentern

HSC
Please elaborate. I'm trying to take you seriously and that is the only way it will happen.
For example Hitchens liked to portray Christianity as resistant to science, as if it were a prerequisite to the faith. I don't have links to such statements but if you are going to try and deny that, really and truly we must be talking about a different Hitchens. In reality though faith has often propelled along science, one of the most powerful instituions to support Darwin was the COE who embraced origins of the species, they were more than willing to believe that certain aspects of the bible were metaphors etc and that although the original creatures were gods creation that they had evolved over millennia etc. So much so was he backed by the church that it was insisted he be burried in Westminster Abbey, one of four non-royals at the time who had recieved the honour, and who was another one of the four? Isaac Newton. The tension that now exists in some corners of the church and in some corners of the scientific community is not integral to faith as Hitchens liked to imply it was.

Lentern

HSC
There's no pathetic insecurity, existential crisis, void of meaning or hatred. You are not articulating your point clearly and it is the only thing preventing this from being a reasonable discussion.
Oh really? I said my prayers were with him and I was told I was being disgusting.

Lentern

HSC
For god sake just read the "Does God exist thread" these have been absolutely debated to death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)