the devil and god rage inside me (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
newest brand new album
what do you think of it?

hate it personally. only one good song, "you wont know"

stef loves it :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Stef doesn't love it! The first two songs maybe *blushes*

shuddapshuddapshuddap!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Nothing wrong with liking Brand New. *cough*tom who used to love seventy times seven like there was no tomorrow*cough*

I haven't heard much but I freaking loved those six demos that were leaked last year. If the album is anything like them I'll be happy.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i love it. however, after seeing them live, i hate it.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Tulipa said:
Nothing wrong with liking Brand New. *cough*tom who used to love seventy times seven like there was no tomorrow*cough*

I haven't heard much but I freaking loved those six demos that were leaked last year. If the album is anything like them I'll be happy.
what do you mean used to?
i still love the songs i grew up on! 70 x 7 being one of them

HSC
seventy times seven ftw

i haven't heard it, but i wasn't really a fan of their last album anyway, so if it sounds anything like that then eh :eek:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
its heaps like deja entendu... except missing all the rage

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah it's so emo. i like that "losing all my friends....losing them to drinking and to driving" song. especially when he screams. i like screaming :shy:

darkmiracles

HSC
um what are you people talking about? it's nothing like deja entendu or your favourite weapon.
it seems like they have taken a different approach with the devil & god are raging inside me. i believe that the album is a lot darker than the previous two & it possesses so much of an aura that it overshadows them.
to call an album with lyrics of this depth and with this kind of ambient atmosphere, "emo" is to show to the world that you have a very narrow view of music with a lack of knowledge about genres (particularly the punk sub-genre that is emo). this is not an emo album. it's not even a punk album. brand new have shed those final remnants of pop-punk.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
an aura? hahahahahahhahahahaha
way to massively over analyse. what is this hsc esque over analysis you have going there?
and im sorry but this album has plenty of everything that "emo" is all about, and i am talking about emo in its base form. there is nothing wrong with that if it is done well, but this album is just a dreary weak attempt. not impressed at all

yosemite sam

HSC
its definitely darker than their other ones...maybe a bit less listenable because of it. i like deja entendu better.

yosemite sam

HSC
too many instrumentals too. i just remembered the instrumentals. i dont like them.

HSC
darkmiracles said:
um what are you people talking about? it's nothing like deja entendu or your favourite weapon.
it seems like they have taken a different approach with the devil & god are raging inside me. i believe that the album is a lot darker than the previous two & it possesses so much of an aura that it overshadows them.
to call an album with lyrics of this depth and with this kind of ambient atmosphere, "emo" is to show to the world that you have a very narrow view of music with a lack of knowledge about genres (particularly the punk sub-genre that is emo). this is not an emo album. it's not even a punk album. brand new have shed those final remnants of pop-punk.
excellent attempt at making it sound like you know what you're talking about. i award you this fail grade.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
katietheskatie said:
excellent attempt at making it sound like you know what you're talking about. i award you this fail grade.
katietheskatie kindly move to wollongong so we can wed.
kthanks

darkmiracles

HSC
katietheskatie said:
hmm, i wasn't attempting to sound like anything. i'm not here to try to impress a bunch of people i don't care about, i was just expressing my opinion. so what gives you the special privilege to grade people on their opinions & thoughts? did i even ask you?
oh & to atticus, i would love to know why you think that this album has "plenty of everything that emo is all about". learn to back up your shitty thoughts cause it seems to me that i'm not the one who doesn't know what i'm talking about. coming from someone who thought "you won't know" is the best song on the album, lol, it seems to me you should turn on the telly for your daily dose of MTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)