The Difference between CSP and DFEE (1 Viewer)

barrel_roll

Harmonic Dissonance
HSC
I know that for CSP you only pay part of the tuition fee whereas for DFEE you have to pay all of it. Other than that, are there any differences? Would your credentials and certificates later on acknowledge whether you've selected a CSP or DFEE spot?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that's right. the main difference is that you pay a shitload of money if your DFEE

Gray Shadow

HSC
hey

other than paying a lot more money.. you can pay the money the same way as CSP right..??

(deduction from tax later when you work?)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Gray Shadow said:
hey

other than paying a lot more money.. you can pay the money the same way as CSP right..??

(deduction from tax later when you work?)
No, you must pay DFEE upfront on a per-semester basis.

The exception is if you take out a loan from the Commonwealth government. This is called "FEE-HELP" and it is limited to a total of $80,000. It also has a 20% interest fee attached. See here for more details.

Last edited:

seraphyte

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
No, you must pay DFEE upfront on a per-semester basis.

The exception is if you take out a loan from the Commonwealth government. This is called "FEE-HELP" and it is limited to a total of $50,000. It also has a 20% interest fee attached. See here for more details.
DFEE is increased to $80,000 now for courses other than Medicine, Vetinary Science and Dentistry (whose FEE-Help limit is increased to $100,000)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
seraphyte said:
DFEE is increased to $80,000 now for courses other than Medicine, Vetinary Science and Dentistry (whose FEE-Help limit is increased to $100,000)
Thank you, I stand corrected.

barrel_roll

Harmonic Dissonance
HSC
Sorry, I've got another question but don't want to create too many topics.

If I accept a DFEE spot for combined law/commerce, will I be able to transfer to a CSP spot for commerce if I can't keep up with the work load?

Right now I have a CSP offer for Commerce at UNSW and a DFEE offer for combined law also at UNSW. I'm not sure which one I should pick.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i reaaally doubt it. think about it. you accept commerce/law DFEE but want to transfer to a CSP place straight away that you never got. I'm quite sure you can transfer to commerce CSP though. Also, the workload for com/law isnt that much higher than straight commerce

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)