The Difference between Eucaryote and Procaryote (1 Viewer)

Jessisbored

HSC
I am having a major brain explosion, whats the difference? it relates to the search for better health and idifferent pathogens. Please refresh my memory :)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
prokaryots have a nucleus and organelles (bacteria, protozoan).
Eukaryots do not (fungi)

good luck

omg_a

HSC
actuall, im pretty sure it's the other way around-procaryotes were the earliest and simplest (pro-first ie prototype)

procaryotes-independent, unicellular organisms (can be found in colonies). they lack a nuclear membrane and membrane bound organelles. egs include archaeobacteria, methanogens etc

eucaryotic-cells containing membranebound nucleus and cell organelles.

hope that helps

amandaz

ur right...
procaryotes= before nucleus--- lack nuclear membrane & membrane bound organelles eg bacteria & cyanobacteria
eucaryotes= 'true' nucleus--- have nuclear membrane & membrane bound organelles eg fungi, plants, animals
NB since ur referring to the search for better health, u might be thinking prions & viruses are procaryotic or eucaryotic- they are neither

nik_noodle

HSC
yeah but chances are the most ud get on them and them alone would be a MC...theres not that much to say specifically. I mean, sure u can identify them as proteins altered from normal shapes which can convert normal proteins into deformed ones. Give a few examples (kuru, CJD, Mad Cow Disease) and say they're not destroyed by normal cellular processes..really...whats there to add...
anything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)