The difference between the "Q" and "B" code on UAC (1 Viewer)

Dj Fuzion

HSC
ok lemme get this straight "B" means you have no hope in hell for the course but "Q" means that you werent competitive enough and still might get it?

gman03

HSC
- If your uai is above the cutoff for Degree A and you have been given an offer, congrats!

- If your uai is above the cutoff for Degree A and you have been given an offer for Degree B not A, then most likely you gave Degree B a higher preference then Degree A. What it means is "tough luck we did not even considered you in the first place". It doesn't mean that if you change your preference now you will automatically given an offer for Degree B because there might have no vacancies.

- If your uai is below the cutoff for Degree A and you have been given an offer for Degree B not A, then you may be consider for Degree B if there are vacancies.

Figure out which situation describes you. Thank you for your attention.

Dj Fuzion

HSC
gman your post makes no sense...anyone else know the difference between these course codes?

rherkes

HSC
Does Q mean its a fee paying course? I got a Q on both my fee paying courses even though I got an offer for one of the courses which didn't require a fee.

Raginsheep

HSC
Read the back.

B= your achievement in your qualifications is not sufficient to enable an offer to be made to you, ie. tough luck, piss off

Q=your achievement in your qualifications is not sufficient to enable an offer to be made to you in this round, ie. try again next round.

HSC
Its says at the back of that green letter what each one stands for - try reading it.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Raginsheep said:
Read the back.

B= your achievement in your qualifications is not sufficient to enable an offer to be made to you, ie. tough luck, piss off

Q=your achievement in your qualifications is not sufficient to enable an offer to be made to you in this round, ie. try again next round.
That sounds about right (I'm working at MQ and that's the unofficial explanation they gave us). Haven't got a specific list to confirm that B=this and Q=that but it sounds right. Obviously, the explanations are on the bottom of the paperwork.

If you're really confused or worried, call the uni's concerned. They should have someone you can talk to and explain why you didn't get an offer (my colleagues are those people for MQ).

Pierotte

HSC
Wow... its basic comprehension.

Shall i talk you through the rather simple explanations on the back of the letter?

B= Your achievement (marks) in your qualifications (HSC subjects) is not sufficient (high enough) to enable an offer to be made to you in this competitive course (sorry your UAI is nowhere near high enough, there are many people with a higher UAI who we will pick beofore we even consider you). If you wish to upgrade your qualifications (re-do your HSC) for admission to this course or other institution s course in the future (go to TAFE or a different uni then try transfer, try again as mature age student..), we suggest you contact the relevant intitutions/s to discuss alternate pathways.

SORRY, theres no way were considering you for this course this year.

Q= your achievement in you qualifications is not sufficient to enable an offer to be made to you in this competitive course in this round of offers (your UAI wasn't high enough, but it wasn't too far off. If there are any vacancies you will most likely be given an offer next round.)

Make sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)