The Disappointment Thread - Cry here... (1 Viewer)

Adobe

HSC
Disappointed with your results?

How did you go? I haven't gotten the results that I was hoping for but I know that it's not the end of the world, there are many different paths or alternate routes out there. Be satisfied with what you have achieved and try not to compare yourselves with others :)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Re: Disappointed with your results?

I am shocked about my results, in a good way. Absolutely stoked. ATAR predictions of 93.9 and 94.1 when I thought I would be lucky to get a 90. Unlucky to you mate, hope all is well for you in the future.

iTz Osky

HSC

How did you go? I haven't gotten the results that I was hoping for but I know that it's not the end of the world, there are many different paths or alternate routes out there. Be satisfied with what you have achieved and try not to compare yourselves with others :)
Exactly. Always remember that there are many other pathways for you to reach what you want. Disappointments in life should not be treated as failures, rather challenges to help grow as a person! Good luck in pursuing whatever course you want.

I am shocked about my results, in a good way. Absolutely stoked. ATAR predictions of 93.9 and 94.1 when I thought I would be lucky to get a 90. Unlucky to you mate, hope all is well for you in the future.
Why are you in the red? too much WUMming?

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A

Exactly. Always remember that there are many other pathways for you to reach what you want. Disappointments in life should not be treated as failures, rather challenges to help grow as a person! Good luck in pursuing whatever course you want.

Why are you in the red? too much WUMming?
They see me trollin', and they hatin'. lol

NewiJapper

HSC

I am but only with one subject. I got the highest exam score in my year for bio (94) and was ranked 5th. All year I got over 85% in tests (apart from one worth 15%), and I know about how assessment marks come from cohorts etc in the exam, but I only end up with 83 as my assessment which is kind of confusing. I mean, I'm going to call the inquiry centre, but I'm prepared for the "there isn't anything wrong" speech which I will most likely get. I just want to know whether it is right or now lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I thought I was disappointed with my results. I still am to an extent with Maths, but today - I remembered something that made me feel a lot better. That I had set myself a goal not to fall into the Band 4 region in any subject. And I didn't!

So I'm happy with that, and that's the positive I'll take and carry with me into the future. Not "oh noes! i didnt get an all rounder" (which was my other goal, and it didn't help with the BOS giving me the mark most likely to piss me off - 89 - either =P)

gracee09

HSC

i was really happy with the marks that i got for 4 out of 5 of my subjects...however accounting through oten completely effed me over. wish i never did it :( :(

minty388

HSC

half way through year 12 my careers advisor looked at my marks and told me id be getting between 80 and 85....

i knuckled down and proved her wrong!! 91.55 baby... stoked beyond belief

beardedwoman

HSC

Disappointed with Chemistry, especially my trial mark was 91. Only got 83. Not pleased about it, but everything else went as expected so whatevssss.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
I got an ATAR of 94.05 and am very disappointed, but please hear my reasoning:

- I worked my a** off all year
- I thought I aced the HSC exams yet I only got two band sixes
- I had a prediction of above 97

Cry here people, who else is disappointed...

blackratpoo

HSC
i feel for you. dwell today. get smashed tonight. never think of it again. and your over it.

beatriceng23

HSC

I am but only with one subject. I got the highest exam score in my year for bio (94) and was ranked 5th. All year I got over 85% in tests (apart from one worth 15%), and I know about how assessment marks come from cohorts etc in the exam, but I only end up with 83 as my assessment which is kind of confusing. I mean, I'm going to call the inquiry centre, but I'm prepared for the "there isn't anything wrong" speech which I will most likely get. I just want to know whether it is right or now lol
same here which i got 88 for my physics assessment mark but i was ranked first in my year. dont know whats wrong

Jonneeh

HSC

same here which i got 88 for my physics assessment mark but i was ranked first in my year. dont know whats wrong
What was your exam mark?
If exam mark = assessment mark
Then you got 88 because that was the highest exam mark from your school

student6625

HSC

I just absolutely hate it how the ATAR I got was lower than what the calculator gave me, even if it's just by a little bit. The Matrix and Einstein calculators gave me 99.25 and 99.30, but I only ended up getting 99.15...I was so pissed off when I first saw it...:vcross:

Just want to spit on those calculators...Word of advice to future HSC candidates, NEVER estimate your ATAR through a calculator when you get your results. Just wait till the next day.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A

I just absolutely hate it how the ATAR I got was lower than what the calculator gave me, even if it's just by a little bit. The Matrix and Einstein calculators gave me 99.25 and 99.30, but I only ended up getting 99.15...I was so pissed off when I first saw it...:vcross:

Just want to spit on the calculators...Word of advice to future HSC candidates, NEVER estimate your ATAR through a calculator when you get your results. Just wait till the next day.
*facepalm*

*sigh* ... asians these days

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A

Just want to spit on the calculators...Word of advice to future HSC candidates, NEVER estimate your ATAR through a calculator when you get your results. Just wait till the next day.
lol u should have an ATAR of 30 for thinking it would be spot on. calculators are meant to be a bit off , it is entirely normal for variations of 0.3-0.4, this happened to me as well, my actual was 0.25 less than my estimate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)