The Diversity of expression of Aborignal belief systems... (1 Viewer)

cbrocks

Bling Bling
HSC
Can anyone help me! I'm so lost. What is suppost to be included under the dot point of "The Diversity of expression of Aborignal belief systems and spirituality today".

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Hey Carol ;) Fancy meeting you here =P

Well, what I put under my study notes was:

There is a range of how Aborigines worship and express their spirituality today. Though 80% of Aborigines identity themselves as Christians, they approach Christianity in different ways. Some are extremists who reject and renounce all their traditional Aboriginal beliefs and adopt the modern Christian way of worship. However, many sought to combine the two believes together in a ‘marriage’ of religions, fusing together various aspects of both. For example, a baptism might be done in a traditional Aboriginal ceremony, or claiming the Rainbow Serpent is really God.
But I'm not really sure if it's right either, and I would love it to be in more detail.. so yeah.. help me!! XD

jaydot

HSC
Ok i'm having similar problems.

BOS WIKI talks about Aboriginal beliefs and spirituality, this thread talks about the rainbow spirit theology, and this thread sort of talks about the integration of christianity and aboriginality?

What does BOS (board) want us to know for this dotpoint? ; "The diversity of expression of Aboriginal belief systems and spirituality today"

The way i respond to it is that its refering to "TODAY" so, i would write about the integration of christnity with aboriginality, so that Saibo Mabo priest, i would write about rainbow spirit theology, and the other 4 theologies (liberal, story-telling, aboriginal and nominal)

What are you're thoughts?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Well the diversity of expression of Aboriginal belief systems and spirituality would cover things like Art, Stories, Songs, Sacred Objects and Ceremonies and their importance and significance to the Aboriginal traditions. However the word 'today' may look at their weightings on the Aboriginal tribes still in existance. So i spose incorporate those main facets to their belief systems and integration with Christianity that exists today.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
aimee-elizabeth said:
i need help on the success of the aboriginal land rights movement in australia
ummm...look up wik and mabo & native title and maybe you'll get your answer

cracker barrel

HSC
This dotpoint has me stumped too. Most things I see talk about the integration of Aboriginal spirituality with Christianity, eg Rainbow Spirit Theology, but that's the NEXT dotpoint. I think Priest was on the right track with the art and rituals and stuff but then he got me confused with mentioning integration again.
These notes don't talk about integrating the two for this dotpoint:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/courses/arts/religion/1150877394_2005_Studies_of_Religion_Notes.doc

For this dotpoint, they pretty much just talk about plain ol' Aboriginal spirituality, nothing about the 'today' part, except for a mention that Aboriginal customary law is recognised by the Australian legal system. The person who wrote these notes said they got band 6 for the CSSA and the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)