The downside to fatigue. (1 Viewer)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Lots of people are tired, and know that they should sleep. But out of them, how many actually listened to their bodies and went to bed? This thread is to encourge people to respect the emergence of fatigue, and try to soothe it a safe level.

I realise that when I'm extremely tired, my eyes get really dry and I lose my memory very quickly. Even the things that I've touched upon not long ago, are clouded and stuck in a mist. You remember that you know something, it seems familiar, but you don't recall its entire form. If I had more sleep, I'd probably be happier.

What downsides of fatigue have you experienced? If you had more rest/sleep, what would/could have changed?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im more with you
when im really tired, im drained physically and emotionally, so without rest, my bodys screwed...and yes ive experienced episodes where you just cant think straight
this happens all the time during uni, so i just come home, nap it off before doing study
but for me, no matter how much i sleep, im still tired

rsm

HSC
I have been getting that a lot lately.... even jsut in class, i will have my head on the table before the bell.... Also..... haha i have noooo motivation to study... im one of those people who really thinks i can do it all later... which i cant.... and when i discussed this, the only thing my friedns recomend is that is i dont try hard i will end up cleaning bins (not that there is anythign wrong with that) but (and here is the bad part) i will smell like bin juice hahaha u know that sludge at the bottom of bins *shudder* and i always waste my time on things like this and msn when i should be doing my SOR essay on martin luther... okay cheers. :)

yosemite sam

HSC
jemsta said:
but for me, no matter how much i sleep, im still tired
im exactly the same. i had one of those diseases that have long term effects. like glandular fever, but worse. makes life hell. i am kind of able to figure when im having good days and bad days, and when im having a bad day, theres no point even trying to study, because im jsut going to fall asleep at my desk....or in class. non-tired people should be grateful for their non-tiredness.

quik.

HSC
I do not understand people who are always tired..

Your either sleeping too little, or too much.

Or there is a deeper underlying problem, such as not getting enough nutrients etc and your body is simply coping as best it can.

As far as fatigue is concerned, I just sleep when im tired :] Usually get 7 or 8 hours a night.

I do think your right in that a lot of people underestimate the effects of fatigue.

lengy

HSC
Wake me when I haven't been getting sleep is like waking a dragon. I will breath fire, and if you persist I will resort to violence and I will feel no remorse for the consequences. It's so interesting to see the nicest people who have been deprived of life's neccessities become barbaric. Don't fuck with people.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
babikakez said:
I find that I'm most productive on days where I've taken an afternoon nap.
yeah same here...i find that i could study much better on days where i have an afternoon nap, as it gives my body rest to renew its energy for the night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)