The eating disorder thread [trigger warning] (1 Viewer)

kfnmpah

HSC
Another thing I wish people were more aware of is just how big an issue food and weight and body image is

i mean when i baby sit, i go to houses that have all organic everything and the cupboard are full of wheat bran and alfalfa sprouts wtf. This is not "normal eating" imo. It's too extreme as is the opposite end of the spectrum, obviously.

I dont' really know what you're meant to do about it, but I think just eating to your appetite and trying to not buy into this whole stigma about junk food and weight is so important, especially if you have younger siblings or kids or whatever.

Also I bought non-light soy milk this afternoon and I am going to make porridge with it tomorrow. This is the first time in like 6 years I have bought something that is not diet or low fat. I am excited :party:

kfnmpah

HSC
Look anyone who is reading this thread and is suffering from disordered eating or an ED i know it's scary as fuck but you deserve to be able to eat to your appetite and you need to know that you can listen to your body and trust it.

I am ridiculously excited about not being sad or scared about having normal soy milk and I think everyone deserves this feeling.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
yayay nicola :) (srs)

just a quick defence for halapenyo:
he did not phrase his question right, but it was obvious his query was what was the driving factor behind nicola's ed. i'm just thinking that if people keep getting yelled at others reading may be too scared to ask a question and thus continues the cycle of ignorance.

for others reading, don't ask a silly question just for the sake of asking, especially with such a sensitive topic.

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
edit: i think mine came about because i was abused and my mum was worried about my health because i was chubby and she didn't know how to handle it, so an incredible amount of emphasis was placed on it and she used to force me to exercise or I wouldn't be allowed to eat. This has really tarnished my relationship with my mum and I still harbor a lot of resentment towards her for it. It's also ruined my sisters life because a) she had to watch her older sister go through it, the screaming, the food fights, the non stop crying and b) now my parents are crazy watchful of her and her eating. I would give anything for it to not have happened just because of how it affected my sister. she was like 11 at the time i think.
That is so sad.

kfnmpah

HSC
yeah duh my mum actually said to me once that she wished i had cancer instead of an eating disorder because at least when you have cancer you want to get better

(ignorant i know please don't jump down my throat about this but this is what happens folks it's not all bikinis and tans like tumblr would have you believe)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I'm not being a dick or anything, but what is a "trigger warning"?
Just a heads up that some people might find the thread distressing, or reading over it could trigger negative thoughts/behaviours that they might want to avoid.

kfnmpah

HSC
I wanted to ask a question, it might sound really blunt, which I don't really intend to be

I'm not writing this for compliments/pity either, if anyone was thinking that way but these are my experiences, and I was wondering if anyone else, with this type of harassment could probably end up with an ED
hey wow I just read this that is truly awful. I agree with what rebecca (blue suede) said, and I think maybe if you find it distressing you should talk to them or if you can't, often your school counselor can have a meeting with them and and you, and act as a mediator. Things can get very emotional when you're talking with your family about stuff like this and it is really difficult to sort things out when there is a lack of rational thought.

edit: and don't start doing anything along the lines of restricting your intake while you are aware of it and it's your choice, it's a ~slippery slope~

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I'm not being a dick or anything, but what is a "trigger warning"?
I see you are yet to expose yourself to the horror that is the tumblr social justice community

I recommend that you keep it that way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)