The EES Exam Paper (1 Viewer)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I'm in the process of scanning the paper, I'll link it here once I'm done...although there aren't many EES people out there :p I'll also eventually upload all my assignments...

And so far my multiple choice answers were:
1-A
2-C
3-A (not sure...none of the answers actually fitted the question well)
4-B
5-B
6-D
7-D
8-D
9-C
10-B
11-D
12-B
13-C
14-D (err this one took me a while and is quite possibly wrong)
15-C

Last edited:

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
I got the same answers as you, but for 7 I put C; 14 I put A and 15 I put A.
I found the multiple choice section confusing in parts. And I don't have the best record for it, in the trial I got 8/15. :(
I found question 14 really confusing, and I ruled out every answer at one stage. ;) Other people from my class put C and D though.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
these are the answers i put:
1.A
2.C
3.A
4.B
5.B
6.D (UV radiation doesnt melt ice, thats greenhouse gases = global warming)
7.A (because the material around it cud say it was a volcanic eruption)
8.D
9.A (because between goin from sea to land they cud hav gone in swamps)
10.B
11.D
12.A (answer is B is knew it was one of the 2 lol)
13.C
14.A (D is wrong as increase CO2 doesnt follow increase temp its the other way round, increase temps follow an increase in CO2 - badly worded question)
15.A

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
geez people, i honestly cant beleive y u guys got some answers 4 some of these, some i wasnt sure of but yeah, enuf shit, here was wat i got (with added commentry)

1- A (easy start)
2 -A (u all got c but im 99% sure its a cause 1- it has a trench in the middle which is in keepin wit a divergent boundary, and basalt is oceanic crust, andesite which u guys had is ocean continent collisions - andes mountains.....) (tell me im wrong if ya wanna)
3 - A (pretty straight forward)
4 - B (no commentry available)
5 - B
6 - D
7 - D (i wasnt sure but because it says it has gills it gave me the idea that is was an organism in aquatic environments hence chemical nature)
8 - A
9 - B
10 - B
11 - D
12 - B
13 - C
14 - A
15 - A

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
For question 2 I'm quite sure that it's C dawso. :)
At oceanic-oceanic convergent boundaries you get island arc volcanics, like Japan, and its main rock type is andesite. We were taught that the South American rock types are rhyolite and granite. And for the oceanic-oceanic there would still be a trench because of the subduction of the oceanic crust.

My explanation for question 7: I put C because they told us that it had gills, eyes, limbs and a shell. I've never heard of an ostracode before, but I figured that those features might be different to earlier ones. A volcanic eruption in the UK wouldn't necessarily have meant extinction, and one fossil doesn't show geographical distribution. D...I didn't really understand what it was hinting at, it does tell us that it lived in the sea but I didn't connect that with the chemical environment part, oops.

And according to my time scale, for question 9 the answer would be C - trilobites and brachiopods have shells. The first terrestrial plants were in the Ordovician.

Would anyone like to clarify the answers for questions 5 and 8? I guessed those.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
yeah midnight, u mey be right 2 some extent but not on the southa american bit, andesite rocks (andes... ite) they were named after the mountains (or the other way around), anyway, not like it matters, cant change it now, and dont hav 2 know wat was rite cause im neva gunna do e+e again, actually, im gunna miss it, it was 5 periods of bludgyyness a week, rip ees
-dawso

Egghead

HSC
FUCK. I had a few differences with that. especially question 8 I thought I was 100% correct with it being A, looking over it now it's D arghh :p oh well I don't give a shit anyway, screw the HSC :D

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Yeah that's true about the Andes. But andesite is definitely the main rock type for island arc volcanics. I'm not trying to argue though.

Don't worry Egghead, I keep thinking of tons of stupid things that I wrote. I hope I get marks for them. :(

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
i dont have my paper in front of me but i was talking to my earth teacher yesterday after bio n she said that from her view there was a number of weird questions in there. i thought it was pretty good n ended up leaving at about 420 cos i had finished like half an hr before n was really hungry :p i'm qute happy with it, but i guess that earth is one of my subjects that im hoping to pull me up a bit...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)