The End For 2007 (1 Viewer)

holden4ever89

HSC
tomorrow....9:00am - my work is due.

And i'm finished.

:)

So what has everyone thought of the course?

Did it live up to your expectations?

Did you do better/worse then you expected?

are you glad its over?

I am in a way, but know i will miss it and pick up things i wished i changed.

but yer CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!

J

jhakka

Well done to everyone who finished the course this year. It is quite an achievement.

jimmayyy

HSC
holden4ever89 said:
if i can quote my reflection statement: "Overall, the Extension Two course has been an immensely satisfying and vastly enjoyable experience".

the course has been a shitload of both stress and fun. mostly fun.

yeah, pretty much. i had loads of former candidates, teachers mentors etc telling me what it would be like so i think i had a pretty good idea of what i was getting myself into.

i'm honestly not too sure. i guess we will all know come december, eh? i think i've done pretty well though

are you glad its over?
yes and no. i'm glad because i like things having an ending and conclusion and finality, but at the same time i will miss the whole process enormously. i'll miss all the research at the start, doing the logbook, the sunday mornings in bed with my laptop and coffee, the sense of creating and seeing it develop.

but yer CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!
definately, can't wait to see everyones works after the hand in date. hats off guys!

faceface

HSC
yay for finishing :)

just.

its been crazy, like its been an escape from the horrible stress of everything else this year, but its had plenty of its own horrible stress. so.

but so much fun. i'm going to miss my logbook. and i'm going to miss fixing things up. after it's bound (tomorrow morning!) i don't think i'm going to be able to look at it again, i'll just cringe too much and wish i could fix it up again.

i don't think i realise about how much of a 'journey' (eeew) it's been until i look back at stories and things i wrote in year 11, and just die. i still don't like what i write very mcuh (its sort of like a lovehate relationship, its my baby, but its evil) but its so much better than it used to be.

congratulations everyone, we are clearly awesome!!!

Dave2007

HSC
Ours is due before school Wednesday.

Between now and them I have to fill in 5 months of journal entries (Haven't written since my viva in March), do a RS and finish the script and recording of radio drama.

Sucks, eh?

Alot of you talk about the course as a huge amount of work, or a great stress reliever...I haven't really found it to be either. Its probably the least work of all my extension subjects. Then again, I didn't find it hugely stress relieving to work on it, mostly because whenever I did it was the night before an assessment or I was worrying if people will think my ideas are completely stupid.

Basically... I got through it, and with a very good rank. All we can do now is hope that someone else values what we've done?

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Dave2007 said:
Ours is due before school Wednesday.

Between now and them I have to fill in 5 months of journal entries (Haven't written since my viva in March), do a RS and finish the script and recording of radio drama.

Sucks, eh?

Alot of you talk about the course as a huge amount of work, or a great stress reliever...I haven't really found it to be either. Its probably the least work of all my extension subjects. Then again, I didn't find it hugely stress relieving to work on it, mostly because whenever I did it was the night before an assessment or I was worrying if people will think my ideas are completely stupid.

Basically... I got through it, and with a very good rank. All we can do now is hope that someone else values what we've done?
Hello all nighter.

I have 5 months of journal as well, as well as another 1200-ish words for my critical.

RS is done.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Wow. Can't believe I made it. (Well, almost, still gotta do the RS, knock on wood and all that). What an epic journey (snort snort). Nah seriously though, I feel like I've changed a lot since the start of it, i.e. gave up on my fleeting romance with nihilism as a guiding philosophy. Kicked it to the curb. Amongst other changes I suppose, very deep, very moving, etc. Damnation, what a delightful pain in the ass this has all been.

I can't figure out if I'm going to be happy or upset or just dead-feeling like I was after I finished my PIP. I do know that tonight I almost almost cried, cause I was tearing the sheets out of my main journal to put them into a binder folder thingie in order with all the drafts and supplementary material and shit... and I picked up my journal and it was all anorexic and had like 5 blank pages left in it :'( it just felt so wrong, after so many months of guarding it with my life. Except that one time I left it on the swingy seat at Bunnings for like 15 minutes while I went off to look at rugs. That could've ended badly. BUT I couldn't have handed it in in its previous state, I suppose, so tearing it up was a necessary evil. Poor dear.

Yes, I sound like a psycho! I'm muy stressed atm. Just going through and venting on all the available threads :D Look at me, writing more for this right now than my MW. Gotta go pretend to do more work heehee

GL guys! Can't wait to read everyone's work ^________^

kewlu

Banned
HSC
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would totally have sex with this course.

I think I will quote my RS also: "[FONT=&quot]The opportunity to research and critique the works of Black Metal’s composers was an excellent exercise in the implementation of and expansion upon textual analysis techniques gained in both Advanced and Extension 1 English and consequently, I am extremely delighted with the realisation of my initial hypothesis in my final product."[/FONT]

Slightly better. But we'll see what the markers have to say about that.

are you glad its over?
Yes, although my bullshitting skills will now go to waste. Every week I needed to bullshit about what I had done to my teacher. Tis no more.

starrysky

HSC
Lol @ kewlu's first answer. :)

I handed in everything today, and it's only just dawned on me that the process (I hesitate to use the word journey as it is not only terribly cliché, but it also doesn't have quite the right cadence to it) has come to an end. This course was so much anxiety, stress, anger, emotion, and fun. Fun fun fun fun fun.

Definitely lived up to my expectations. My English teacher encouraged me to do it way back in Year 8, and I spent the subsequent years trying to find out as much as I could about it, so that when I actually got to the start of the course, I'd be at least moderately versed in what I was getting my little old self into.

Better or worse? In what aspect? In the Journal, I flunked like hell. I've barely enough entries to scrape through, I didn't write very much at all. It's formed the structure that reflect my changes in idea and stuff, and some research, but there's not nearly enough substance as I'd like there to be. But meh. *shrug* My Major Work however, I was really happy with that. I thought I'd have a more difficult time with this when I started out late last year, but I actually coped well and composed something that I'm satisfied with.

Glad it's over? That's a bloody understatement. I'm fucking elated that this course has finished; it means one less thing I have to worry about in the lead-up to HSC. But really, I'm also feeling quite nostalgic - it was an enthralling experience all the same, so I'll miss it. You watch - I'll spend fifteen minutes tomorrow afternoon waiting at my teacher's door, before realising that there are no more Ext2 classes. Altogether now - aww.

aquarian_jen

HSC
N/A
I very very very much enjoyed it. The morning class were crap, but the lunchtimes with pizza and the arvos that were always parties were great :) I love the fact I've made something (and although I don't always like it) point is, I've written a story!!! And I liked the opportunity to really talk with the teachers about stuff. That just made it that little bit better.

Yeah it did! I always knew I'd do the course but I didn't actually realise how satisfying it would be.

Better. At first I was trying to write in a style that wasn't me and that I had no interest in and it was pretty obvious that I was hating it. And then my teachers encouraged me to just be myself and I completely changed my idea and just wrote. And they actually like the final product!

are you glad its over?
Glad that I can concentrate on other things and have a real story. Freaked that the external mark might be nowhere near what I want. Sad that it's over.

HSC
Aaaaaah I just finished!! YAY I can print many trees now.....

Overall I didn't enjoy it, but thats mostly cuz I had horrible teachers. However, I think I've done really well and masssively better than I expected, seeing as I changed from a critical response to a short story just last term. But everyone seems to like it and I'm done now so I'm very happy. It was fun being able to choose what you wanna do, unlike normal english.. grr. So gratz everyone!!! :D

emsyb

HSC
hey guys,
honestly i dont no how hard everyone else worked but i found ext 2 to be boring and pointless really. My teacher never really set lessons and not once did she mark my story? tell the truth it was quite an easy course no stress whatsoever but i really wish someone had pushed me as my final product is cccccccrapppppp!!!!
lol but all in all,,,,glad its over! x x

pakigal

HSC
Dave2007 said:

You have basically summed up EXACTLY how I feel

kewlu

Banned
HSC
There's something intensely gratifying about writing the words "Chainsaw Gutfuck" in a school essay.

RiCkiE

HSC
Phew. I'm exhausted.

Did anyone else get the sudden urge to completely change everything and anything in the last few days? I don't really consider myself a panicky person but i panicked quite hard.

Did it live up to my expectations? Yes and no. I did learn quite a bit when I was writing the story but I suppose I want a bit more closure (or... my marks, damn it!)

But now it's over. I enjoyed most of it but i think i would have enjoyed it more if my teacher had attended more lessons :mad1:. Looking back at all the work I did at the start of the year now, I can't see a shred of writing that looks remotely similar to anything in my final product; which is probably a good thing, since my early stuff was crap.

I'm quite glad it's over though, because it really was eating up alot of my time and energy. But I really liked my end product; I got really attached to my story and it was quite fun working on it while it lasted.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
RiCkiE said:
Phew. I'm exhausted.

Did anyone else get the sudden urge to completely change everything and anything in the last few days?
I still want to rewrite mine from the ground up. And I have wanted to do that for the last week.

starrysky

HSC
RiCkiE said:
Phew. I'm exhausted.

Did anyone else get the sudden urge to completely change everything and anything in the last few days?
Fuck yes. I spotted the first error in my MW an hour after I handed it in and got home. Crapsticks. Oh well, nothing you can do now ...

kewlu

Banned
HSC
starrysky said:
Fuck yes. I spotted the first error in my MW an hour after I handed it in and got home. Crapsticks. Oh well, nothing you can do now ...
I'm not looking at my major now. I don't want to even have the chance of finding an error, no matter what brand of anal Nazi I may be.

RiCkiE

HSC
lol I put in this bit at the end which was supposed to refer to this earlier bit in my work and tie it all together. The trouble is i was so preoccupied with writing the ending i forgot to rewrite the earlier bit so it made sense :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)