the exam was fubar (1 Viewer)

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
who else thinks the texts in section 1 where ****ed up beyong all recognition? Seriously, the language used in 2-3 KILLED ME. What a piece of shit the board of studies are.:burn:

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
rachael.mcgee said:
i liked the texts :)

especially # 3
who MOFO actually speaks like that in real life anyway?I feel sorry for them and their depressing lives. Its like they are spreading the bubonic plaugue.

starrysky

HSC
MyLoveIsPure said:
who MOFO actually speaks like that in real life anyway?I feel sorry for them and their depressing lives. Its like they are spreading the bubonic plaugue.
Lol @ that notion.

I didn't mind the language used in Text Three; it was more of the fact that he went overboard in his recount - a simplified version of the text would've served the exact same purpose. Text One was probably my favourite, then the second, then the third. The only qualm I have with it is that while the questions were specific, answering some of them was a bitch because even though they focused on specific elements of the texts, Text Three was horrible to tackle. I didn't really fancy Text Two, either, but it was slightly less frustrating, since the instances of contrast was obvious.

Drmon

Optimistic Cynic
HSC
I actually liked text #3. It was #2 that annoyed me really - analyse her use of comparison? (Or contrast, I can't remember) That was slightly annoying for three marks :mad1:

But for the five marker text one and three were nice ones :headbang:

starrysky

HSC
Drmon said:
I actually liked text #3. It was #2 that annoyed me really - analyse her use of comparison? (Or contrast, I can't remember) That was slightly annoying for three marks :mad1:

But for the five marker text one and three were nice ones :headbang:
Yeah, I used Texts One & Three for the five-mark question, but only because #3 had journey practically dancing naked in front of you. I was too busy getting over the contrast shit in the second text to look at it again.

It was okay, but identify instead of analyse for three marks would've been infinitely better, if not shitloads easier (thereby defeating the purpose of Board of Studies to shit us). Meh.

Last edited:

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
i hated the texts. all of them. so much so i didnt do the 5 maker as i didnt want to have nething else to do with it. im hoping my story is good enough for the extra 5 mins i put in it

~untitled~

HSC
They were all shit, that is all.

I rambled for 7 pages using quotes and very, very, very little language analysis.

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
~untitled~ said:

I rambled for 7 pages using quotes and very, very, very little language analysis.
yep, exactly what i done. I mean, it was mostly asking what message was being conveyed and how it was different from each other. Worst texts ever.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
For the contrasting question for text 2, did anyone contrast her liking for the country life (like living in a small town) as opposed to her dislike for cities, or her contrasting views on how she makes friends?

Maddy1012

HSC
Shrikar said:
For the contrasting question for text 2, did anyone contrast her liking for the country life (like living in a small town) as opposed to her dislike for cities, or her contrasting views on how she makes friends?
yeah i did both :)

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
Shrikar said:
yeh i did the city/country thing and i think i did it about her lifestyle or her friends...i just remember.

W

wogstaa

MyLoveIsPure said:
who else thinks the texts in section 1 where ****ed up beyong all recognition? Seriously, the language used in 2-3 KILLED ME. What a piece of shit the board of studies are.:burn:
Yeh why they hell do they give us one short text with a photo and 2 ridiculously long texts. Oh well it's over now

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
~untitled~ said:

Yeah me too. It was damn annoying, I only used language techniques for 2 of the questions. I hate how it was all concepts rather than techniques. :(

P

pat29

that exam was a load of crap to be honest!
paper 1 is ment to be the easy one can u imagine paper 2? jeez

good luck evry1!

eppingMCE

HSC
MyLoveIsPure said:
Who said text three was sad and depressing??? u seriously missunderstood it lol, i found it hard but i think the composer was trying to say that there is more than one way of experiencing the australian outback, and that u can not full grasp it just by reading about it but u have too experience it and live it too fully understand it...... can somone tell me if thats correct.

samuel slack

HSC
eppingMCE said:
Who said text three was sad and depressing??? u seriously missunderstood it lol, i found it hard but i think the composer was trying to say that there is more than one way of experiencing the australian outback, and that u can not full grasp it just by reading about it but u have too experience it and live it too fully understand it...... can somone tell me if thats correct.
Thats exactly how I interpreted it. But I don't think that guy was saying that people who use the language must be depressing, not the actual text as being depressing...

mzduxx2006

HSC
MyLoveIsPure said:
man i know. wtf waas text 3 about? fukin hell!!!

SimoneL

HSC
Hated text one and didn't really see the relevance of it to the journey. Yea i know he was a travelling story busker or whatever screwed up hippy profession he did but the text wasn't exactly packed with techniques...hated all three texts...in fact hated the whole exam...scratch that, hate imaginative journeys and am so very glad that i never have to analyse them EVER again. Prospero can go to hell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)