• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Even though Sato is Asian and Honda happens to be Asian, that does not guarantee him a seat next year. Sato has not produced good qualifying or good race results. I've seen him once on podium, last year at Indy. But other than that, all I remember of him is constantly going off the road.

Argonaut, I know Schumacher isn't going to win the title this year, but still, I won't give up :) And my money would be on Kimi. If Michael and Rubens as well as Toyota can hold up Alonso, we all know Kimi has a faster car. Its just realibility thats the problem.

Its about time Ferrari got rid of that nugget and got another decent driver. Would this mean that Massa is Schumachers replacement when he retires? After all, Ferrari would be thinking long term.

As for williams, I think they are having cosworth engines next year. It should be announced as well as which teams are on which tyres sometime this month :)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
whoever said that honda will give williams the deal about having only button or honda engines...
i think franky would take button and get cosworth/toyota engines... i mean bar engines arent too special...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Both Honda and Toyota have ruled out giving engines to williams. Toyota are supplying Jordan again next year, so that definately rules them out. And Honda, well, they own 45% of BAR, so they have no interest in supplying other teams. And mercedes and renaults are snobs :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I doubt they will. The kid has scored like 1 point all season. And williams and sauber want to keep there cars in one piece until after the race has finished :p maybe it might be a chance for davidson to get a drive, does he have a contract for next season?

haha, rpm has got bernie on, on sunday! I wonder how much they paid him this time :rolleyes: oooh ... and more importantly they are profiling RALF!! Not that any of you care!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I care. I care about anything to do with F1. Once I read a article in Readers Digest because they mentioned Mika Hakkinnen in it.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hehe, thats like me. I once read an article (and I still have the magazine) in a christian magazine because it was about marlboro sponsorship on ferrari. And i'm not religious.

Whats pissing me off at the moment is Rossi testing for ferrari. Would the guy make up his mind if he wants 2 wheels or 4 wheels. He has to be about the most annoying person on the earth! If he ever does switch to 4 wheels, no more going for ferrari.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I like him, but he is a bit of a pretentious dick. The whole "The Doctor" thing and examining his bike after wins doesn't impress me. I go for Sete Gibernau anyway. But it would be cool if he comes to F1 and Cape, if you stop going for Ferrari there is space over here in the BMW-Sauber club. (I will continue to call them BMW-Sauber even though they will most likely be called just BMW)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I go for Gibernau as well, well the few times I watch motogp. I watch like the first lap and get bored so I turn it off. Although, I actually managed to watch the whole race of the british round. And that was only because people kept falling off their bikes, and I couldn't stop laughing. The doctor thing pisses me off as well. He wins the race, he doesn't fucking have to be the bloody centre of attention as well.

Rossi is too charismatic for F1. And I don't think he'd do as well as he thinks he would. He'd go to Ferrari and get whooped by whoever was driving at Minardi. If he does go to ferrari, it would be after 2006, which is when Schumacher's contract finishes, but Schumacher does have an option to extend it if he wants to. I might have to take up the offer of supporting Sauber - BMW. Sauber have always been my fav middle running team, although I really do think that they should be a front running team.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Not as Sauber - not enough moolah to make it with the big boys. Expect that to change. And with Heinz back on board (cough), they will win the championship.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Well, they somehow afforded ferrari engines for how many years? I wonder how much ferrari charged them. Maybe the BMW takeover is just what they needed. Would Peter Sauber still be running the joint? Hes like one of the few team principals who are down to earth. He doesn't grab as many headlines as Todt, Dennis and Stoddart.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Nope, Sauber isn't running anything - he will be playing a "advisory" role - which is really nothing at all.

I guess Sauber had some money. They got discount Ferrari engines and built a $40million (i think?) wind tunnel. Still not enough to challenge the guys at the top. But I remember in 2001 when Seamus Mullarkey came out with that twin-keel design, it was brilliant.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Well, he must have wanted to sell the team for some reason. Sauber have one of the most expensive wind tunnels in F1 though.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
He sold it because it is becoming increasing difficult for privateer teams. Plus, if BMW come knocking on your door and make you an offer it's usually too good to refuse.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yeah, I'm surprised that Jordan are actually still around, considering the rough past few years they have had. And Stoddart should just piss off and sell Minardi. Minardi are great for letting little known drivers get an opportunity, but Stoddart just pisses me off.

You can't help but feel sorry for Frank either, imagine how tense the williams team would be since they found out BMW weren't going to supply them engines next year.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Fuck Frank, Fuck Patrick Head. They ruined HHF's chances of becoming world champion.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol. And we were going so well without having biased imputs as well :rolleyes:

Frank and Patrick screwed Ralf over as well :( Bloody hell, his contract for Toyota is over $28 million a year! Just because Toyota would pay anything to have the name "Schumacher" associated with them.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Yeah, I read that in F1 Racing. How shit would Ralfie boy feel, knowing that he got signed because his last name is "Schumacher" and not because he is (sometimes) a decent driver.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It must be awful living in the shadow of your older brother who happens to be a 7 times world champion. I really do feel sorry for Ralf *awaits the anti Ralf Schumacher posts* Hopefully the podium he got at Hungary will be the start of something great for him and toyota.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
hmmm, mika tips kimi to be WC this year. .. not big surprise ... but lets see...
when the point gap reaches ~10, then it will get interesting !

gp party at cape's house !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)