The final day of rest. (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
The ATAR calculators gave her a higher ATAR, but the thing is it can work the other way around. Another friend of mine received an ATAR 10 points higher than what the ATAR calculator said, so I guess there's a little bit of hope in that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
That's in the low end. Higher achieving students will get it within 1 point.

D94

HSC
N/A
I kid you not she ended up with an ATAR of 95

I am 100% sure that she made an error or is exaggerating. There have been no major movements in the scaling tables over the last 5 years. An ATAR of 95 compared to 85 is about 60 scaled points, which is 6 scaled points per unit. That is equivalent to achieving say 93 in MX1 compared to entering in an 84 in the calculator, or 90 compared to 85 in English Adv. 5 to 9 HSC points is a huge difference in the higher end. She definitely entered in her marks incorrectly or exaggerated on the difference.

HSC
I am 100% sure that she made an error or is exaggerating. There have been no major movements in the scaling tables over the last 5 years. An ATAR of 95 compared to 85 is about 60 scaled points, which is 6 scaled points per unit. That is equivalent to achieving say 93 in MX1 compared to entering in an 84 in the calculator, or 90 compared to 85 in English Adv. 5 to 9 HSC points is a huge difference in the higher end. She definitely entered in her marks incorrectly or exaggerated on the difference.
Don't shoot the messenger. That's what I was told.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)