the first hsc assesment task (1 Viewer)

darshil

Replicant
HSC
hi to all the junior economists,

We have been given our first assesment task for Economics and is rather unconventional. It is basically involved of writing an essay from 3 questions which we have already been given. The question will be "drawn on the day" and we will have to write an inclass essay. We have to also submit essay plans.

Now I get the whole economics essay writing thing with the precision and how you can put the whole concept on paper (I hope). But, there's this question that i stutter on. I mean i dont really stutter, but its hard to explain. The statement is "Analyse the impact of reduced levels of protection on the domestic and global economies".

I think i can explain the domestic impacts but what about global? And for the plan I have defined key words, put diagrams and key concepts but it feels like theres something missing.

Thanks for all the help

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
if protection is reduced, then overseas businesses find it easier to sell and sell more products here. this increases the integration btwn the countries ie increases globalisation. THIS IS YOUR MAIN POINT! then you can talk about the impacts of globalisation on the world market, which should be pretty straight forward.

It also provides more goods on the world market and at a cheaper price, reducing world inflation.

Dan2008

HSC
Hope your assessment went alright!!

I think I've seen this as a past HSC, check the markers comments they'll tell you pretty much exactly what you need!! From memory, it was the positive and negative affects of globalisation that you needed! haiderr was all over it!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
The assessment is probably over but a reduced level in protection increases employment in other countries as more international firms have acces to the domestic market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)