The First section (1 Viewer)

T-Star!

Yea! The exam is over.
A Question - in section one - what question did everyone think related to the frames, and which to the conceptual framework???????
there was a bit of confusion in my school in relation to that.
How weird was the question on the lemon juice squeezer???????????????? Thats art????:rolleyes:
Somebody pleeeeease let me know about the frames and conceptual framework thing - hoping I got it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

:) :) :)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
part a was subj frame i think (but i talked about structural and practice a lil' bit too)
part b was practice of the design co (question says so)
part c was audience<--->artwork conceptual framework

well that's what i think.

Last edited:

jennals

oooo ok...

i thought a was the CF (artist <---> artwork)
b was practice (pretty self explanatory)
and c was the frames (viewer 1 came from the structural frame whereas viewer 2 came from the subjective frame)

ah well - it's all over with now :D

Goldabar

Same, I figured a) was conceptual frame (even though for some odd reason I wrote most of my answer regarding artistic practice....and I have NO idea why. Before I started writing I'm like "ok, this is the conceptual frame", wrote a heap, then went to conclude and read over my answer and thought "fawk...". Must've been nerves I guess).

And yeah, then practice for b), and then the last was about looking from either structural or subjective viewpoints. I wouldn't worry too much Salad, it seems to me that the frames, conceptual framework, practice, etc, are taught to us just to give our art classes more structure. In a lot of ways you could ignore learning the frames and whatever else, and just answer the question they ask in the exam.

Last edited:

NATMAN

i agree with jenals.

a: conceptual framework: artist - artwork
b: art practice art making
c: frames: conceptual (viewer 1), subjective (viewer 2)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hmm...i think saladsugery and jennal are both right, because umm well the questions were all rather vague, it could've related to anything, the frames or the conceptual framework.

though i did something weird,
(a) artist-artwork and also artist's practice
(b) practice of designers (that was prolly the only obvious one, cos they said the exact words in the question)
(c) umm i did practice of art critics and historians - i realise now how freakin stupid that was, that it was something to do with the frames...bah.

did anyone find it really fucked that we had to talk about design in part b? cos at our school we've only learnt about contemporary art and a liddle traditional art, all 8 of us had nfi how to answer the design question...

and the last question too, 12 marks, talking about two little excerpts...was kinda hard. for me anyway. =)

anyway...
no more freakin art exams ever! that's something to be pretty darn excited over...

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
oh good good- i didn't particularly mention "this is a subjective frame question" or anything and i canvassed a wide range of stuff relating to practice artist/artwork whatever i saw as appropriate... i think i'll be ok :)

---edit: it seems i talked about all that stuff other ppl did anyway, so i think i'll be ok... (just trying to reassure myself now:))

Last edited:

T-Star!

Thanks everyone for replying......I was a little worried for awhile there. I did
a) Conceptual Frame Artist-artwork
b) Art Practices
c) Frames - subjective and structural

I feel a bit better - After the exam everybody in my class looked at me like I was completly braindead for answering it like that. They'd thought a) was the frames. Even my teacher.
So thanks evryone....glad I trusted my own judgement

sirloki

HSC
alternate understandings

hmmm a) i reckon art practice with cultural fame mentioned in conjunction with structural

(b) i thought conceptual framework applied to marketing strategy, ie. target market represented audience and alessi the artist and the (world) as either postmodern or consumer orientated.

c) Frames i thought structural and subjective with the discrepancy between their views lying in their education or lack of because 1 was educated on conventions of western art and 2 was not and therefore he had a more subjective and simplistic judgement

maybe i was wrong ah well too late now

bella_05

Originally posted by jennals
oooo ok...

i thought a was the CF (artist <---> artwork)
b was practice (pretty self explanatory)
and c was the frames (viewer 1 came from the structural frame whereas viewer 2 came from the subjective frame)

ah well - it's all over with now :D

thats exactly what i did too but i did a bit of cultural in 1a aswell

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
the more i think about it the more i think questions 1a, c could really be given a decent answer from several different perspectives...

1a... subjective frame or cultural or structural... or artist<-->artwork conceptual framework

1c... practice of art critics/historians, or the frames (but i s'pose 1b was a practice q)

section 1 was odd. much more open-ended than past years' trials/half-yearlys/specimin papers.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
mmm talked to my art teacher this morning:

"what are they trying to prove? the way they structured section 1 doesn't give people the ability to show what they know... they're just playing word games with the questions... i'm going to complain"

i agree.

question 1a seems it could have been anything: structural, cultural, subjective frame, artist conceptual framewk, artwork conceptual framewk, both of them, even practice...

1b was practice, but like people were saying, it read like a DT question (which i dropped in year 9)

1c could have been structural/subjective frame, artwork<-->audience conceptual frmwk, the practice of critics or historians...

no past hsc, trial, specimin, half yearly i've done (and i've done most of the big ones... all the BoS ones, catholic, and independant) has looked at all like that in section 1. i think there'll be a fair few complaints, perhaps lower marks (although section 2 seemed pretty straightforward) and a more "traditional" paper next year.

shikaree_bex

i live in my mind with occasional visits to the jo
My teacher didn't teach us anything for art theory we were basically left on our own, so i went in there lost and came out even more lost

I practiced for the signs and symbols too but i fucked the time and place one up cos i forgot all about my artisits i only knew the symbols
waawaa

the other questions were weird and i wasn't at all sure what they were asking, who ever sets the exams is a real bitch

they made it as confusing as they could?

what did u guys write on michelangelo question? i could only write a page??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)