The flu (1 Viewer)

caseylee

HSC
my poor bf has the flu, its ok during the day but at night time i think hes going to die, his muscles go weak and he coughs way too much it keeps me awake i had to get up 3 times to get his tablet and stuff that the doctor gave him yesterday.i think he bought it back from newcastle wif him when he went there for tafe last week. it worries me big time!

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
rozymisty said:
Here is some more informaton I got sent about the myth that Vitamin C helps get rid of the flu and colds. The website it is at is a well respected medical journal that compares different studies against each other andc conducts trials. So it is reliable information. Not to say though dont stop taking Vitamin C coz you do need it for normal diet.

The Collaboration's (http://www.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab000980.html) consumer summary of the results of this study states that: Thirty trials involving 11,350 participants suggest that regular ingestion of vitamin C has no effect on common cold incidence in the ordinary population. It reduced the duration and severity of common cold symptoms slightly, although the magnitude of the effect was so small its clinical usefulness is doubtful. Nevertheless, in six trials with participants exposed to short periods of extreme physical or cold stress or both (including marathon runners and skiers), vitamin C reduced the common cold risk by half.

Trials of high doses of vitamin C administered therapeutically (starting after the onset of symptoms) showed no consistent effect on either duration or severity of symptoms.
when one of my friends gets sick he eats so many Vitamin C tablets

jimmayyy

HSC
ive had it for the past 2 and a half weeks, missed all my trials

i had the whole thing, headaches, pains, stiffness, nausea, throat, chest, sinuses.

i hate winter.

HSC
^^ lolx2

I haven't had the flu in a long time. Which occurs if you lead a very active lifestyle. Also garlic is a big plus :D

rozymisty

HSC
oo yeh garlic is meant to help with your immune system

I just woke up (on my bday oh the joy) with a sore throat...well more the back fo the roof of my mouth near where your mouth joins with your nose...thats when my other flu occured in july...grr i hope its just a one off when i get up kinda sore throat coz im getting my wisdom teeth out on monday and tehy wont let me go ahead if i have a sore throat.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i cant speak. like, at all. i can kinda whisper but it takes painful effort. fucking strep throat.

although does anyone else find that they sometimes semi-deliberately make their symptoms worse just because they push their body to do things it cant do...i do...i could feel my voice going all thursday and yesterday but i still stayed up all night and walked around in the rain next day and talked and talked and talked for hours to my friend (part of which was shouted over the noise of a bus full of schoolkids)...so its really all my own fault that my throat is fucked over...but i didnt want to be sensible and conserve my voice, we had lots to talk about dammit. and those kids were loud. :eek: <3 strepsils

HSC
^ lawl yes definately. If you feel sick, the best thing to do is to go to sleep, regardless what hour of the day it is.

rozymisty

HSC
haha yes staying out int eh rain will make you get even more sick. Brisbane rain was it?

Im starting to get another cold I think. Woke up the past few mornings wiht a sore throat..oh i already said that in the other post..oh well screw it lol....and um I just spoke with my bro on the phone and started losing my voice!!

I hope it deosnt continue!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yeah
vitamin C is very contraversial...

high doses give u diarrhoea :D.. u just need the minimum.. and most ppl get it..
only lik 1 case of scurvy in Australia in the last 2 yrs that was documented in medical journals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)