the food at UNSW (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
beware of the sushi shop in the fare near closing time...me and a friend tried to snack on those before our lecture, and we had stomach aches for it

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Anzac Pde has food covered. You've got Maccas, Oporto, the Rege ($8 steaks), Churchies ($10 steaks which are better), 365000 Asian restaurants (good ones are Tanaphorn Thai, Ben's Thai, In Chan Thai, Delicious Satay Chinese and probably some others), Mama Teresa's Italian, Giovanna's Italian, Pepo's Gourmet Pizza. And I've just only scratched the surface there.

Most of those places apply to collegians, but Rege Steaks are close and good enough for the price, although they used to be $7, and $6 before that. And $5 before that.

BeeCom

HSC
Tofu laksa up near Matthews theatre. $6.70. It'll put hair on your chest and it's filling. Tastes awesome

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: the food at UNSW

BeeCom said:
Tofu laksa up near Matthews theatre. $6.70. It'll put hair on your
chest and it's filling. Tastes awesome
Fuck yeah the spices make a volcano of my mouth.

BUT

The meat looks stale.
That is what puts me off.

BeeCom

HSC
It's why I get tofu now, I used to get BBQ pork.

It's just that good it deserves a double post

Loz_metalhead

HSC
You can get wedges from the quad with sour cream. I usually share them with 2 other friends since they give you so much...I think a large is about $4.50?

Most of the time I just bring a sandwich from home because the food is such a rip off. I tend to waste most of my money on coffee :eek:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: the food at UNSW

Loz_metalhead said:
You can get wedges from the quad with sour cream. I usually share them with 2 other friends since they give you so much...I think a large is about $4.50?

Most of the time I just bring a sandwich from home because the food is such a rip off. I tend to waste most of my money on coffee :eek:
i know, coffee is great on campus.
have you been able to compare the coffee at the quad with the coffee stand outside the arts faculty next to that big lawn?

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: the food at UNSW

Forbidden. said:
i know, coffee is great on campus.
have you been able to compare the coffee at the quad with the coffee stand outside the arts faculty next to that big lawn?
I have been to the coffee cart opposite the library lawn, quad, the one up the stairs opposite the CLB ($1.50 per cup at a particular time of day), tastey bites, and the one near the matthews theatre.

My favourite is probably the coffee cart, followed closely by the quad.

I only drink cappucino though, so I can't compare any other type of coffee. I will have to try the coffee from lower campus next year.

Last edited:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A

everyone goes to the coffee cart

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad

cafe brioso. thats the coffee cart outside of morven brown

the best is definately the bottom foodcourt coffee from all my coffee drinking at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)